ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

<< < (8/12) > >>

hamradio:
As always not responsible if it borks things on your end, but here it is.

ToDo: Favorites... Favorites now working and it has been updated on server.

ToDo: Favorites...
-hamradio (October 17, 2012, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Screenshot:
IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

Download: http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/downloads/crap.zip

ConstanceJill:
Care to share your findings?-Ath (October 16, 2012, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I didn't take the time to look at it yet ^^'

Heres my take on it going by the posted gui layout a little and still in its early stages...[…] -hamradio (October 17, 2012, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nice, I'll have to try it out too ^_^

ConstanceJill:
Hey hamradio I tested your implementation today and it really pleases me :}

So far I think I only found one small bug if the command suffix contains a "&", the & is not displayed in the status bar when previewing the final command

Edit : thought I had found 2 but one of them is almost not worth mentioning : if the path to an image is specified as "<appdir>\icons\..." instead of "<appdir>icons\..." then the image for that button is displayed only after opening and closing the button editor.

Do you mind if I have a few requests for small modifications ? :]

hamradio:
Hey hamradio I tested your implementation today and it really pleases me :}

So far I think I only found one small bug if the command suffix contains a "&", the & is not displayed in the status bar when previewing the final command

Edit : thought I had found 2 but one of them is almost not worth mentioning : if the path to an image is specified as "<appdir>\icons\..." instead of "<appdir>icons\..." then the image for that button is displayed only after opening and closing the button editor.

Do you mind if I have a few requests for small modifications ? :]
-ConstanceJill (October 18, 2012, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. Think I know the problem with the &. (Edit: Should be fixed when I upload next time.)

2. The macros are intended to not need the first \ before any other directory structure or filename.

3. Sure post em and I will see as time permits.

ConstanceJill:
OK :]

Well then, would it be possible to use <appdir> in the command prefix, just like in the image path ?
That would allow for the user to get his custom scripts in a sub-folder of the program, thus improving portability — this way I could share the whole thing with my colleagues by sending them an archive.

Also, would it be possible to :
- have a visual "thing" to let the user know whether or not a button asks for confirmation without going in editor mode ? (For now I'm "cheating" by manually adding a "*" to the end of the button caption)
- have an option for a button not to use the Variable/target parameter (so the same interface can be used to run a command on the local machine which does not need or accept a target parameter, such as "ipconfig /flushdns")
- let the user place "separations" (such as a forced "carriage return" or even a horizontal line) between some groups of buttons ?
- let the user define a constant size that would apply to all buttons (so they get kinda aligned in the interface as if it were a table) ?

Edit : I almost forgot : an button or menu item to clear history ? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version