ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

<< < (7/12) > >>

ConstanceJill:
Wow, lots of answers since last time ^^'

what happens when you run the command from the run command (WIN+R)?-Target (October 10, 2012, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Then it runs the command just fine.

well I did say I'd only done limited testing  :o-Target (October 10, 2012, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes you did :)

can you give me a bit more detail on what happens with the offending commands, eg what command you requested, and what you got-Target (October 10, 2012, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm well this problem doesn't seem to happen anymore with the new version, for now ^^'

next iteration

now includes an editor  - I'm not totally happy with the editor gui, but I suppose it gets the job done-Target (October 11, 2012, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nice :]

Telnet is only installed in a x64 incarnation on Windows x64, AFAICS, and it's only available in the \Windows\System32 directory for 64 bit processes, but not in the 32 bit \Windows\SysWOW64 redirection directory for 32 bit processes.
I haven't seen any easy solutions, other than copying telnet.exe over from System32 to the SysWOW64 directory.-Ath (October 11, 2012, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hey, that works \o/
Thanks a lot :D
I don't use telnet a lot, so I didn't look for alternatives yet ;)
Also, I'll need to take some time to see how exactly WinButtons work.

Ath:
Also, I'll need to take some time to see how exactly WinButtons work.
-ConstanceJill (October 11, 2012, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I hear you. My manual-writing capabilities haven't been fully applied on this one yet... I have a quite technical readme included with WinButtons, describing for each option available on how to use it, but not why or what-for you'd want to use it. There are some small examples in there, but the best part for your use would be in the WinButtons.wbuc file (as downloaded from the site), that I used to take the screenshot from. You need to define and use variables to 'connect' to some input-control, and use one or more variables in the command that is set for a button.
Don't forget to enable the 'Show parameters section' checkbox, that's hiding in the 'Global parameters' tab of WinButtonEdit :tellme:

ConstanceJill:
Thanks, I'll look into this :]

Ath:
I'll look into this
-ConstanceJill (October 11, 2012, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Care to share your findings?

Haven't done the Quick Button edit screen for WinButtons yet, not sure if you (still) want/need it?
It would just be copying some parts of WinButtonEdit into a smaller window, and dragging over some of the code into the shared source-file. ;)

hamradio:
Heres my take on it going by the posted gui layout a little and still in its early stages...

As always not responsible if it borks things on your end, but here it is.

ToDo: Favorites...

http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/downloads/crap.zip

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

Note: At least .net framework 4.0 client profile for the .net framework needed I believe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version