ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

<< < (4/12) > >>

ConstanceJill:
To Target : Hey, not bad :)

A few things though :
 - Would it be possible to have options to prevent it from "auto-hiding" and to be able to move it without it sticking to the top edge of the desktop ?
 - Though I don't have an example yet, I fear there might be issues should any command line require the text "target" (instead of the target's name) to be written within one of its commands. Or is there any syntax trick to prevent it ?
 - If possible, I'd prefer to enter the target name in a field on the same window as where the buttons are, so I don't need to click "OK" in a second window to actually run the command — though that can act as a "confirmation" dialog
 - I guess the window should be manually resizable, for with these default commands, the status bar is too short to display the contents of the B3 and B6 command
 - should we keep the dialog box asking for the target's name, I guess it would be nice if that window also reminded somewhere of which command it will run

To Ath : No problem, I can wait :]

Ath:
For teasers, here's a screenshot:

A few notes:
- 7 types of input controls:
  - Textbox with history
  - Textbox no history
  - Combobox
  - Combobox with edit & history
  - Combobox with edit, no history
  - Checkbox with history
  - Checkbox no history
- All parameters are connected to a Variable, as can be configured using WinButtonEdit, and the variable is to be used like :varVarName: in the command defined.
- Checkboxes can be easily mapped to a checked/unchecked value

Target:
To Target : Hey, not bad :)

A few things though :
 - Would it be possible to have options to prevent it from "auto-hiding" and to be able to move it without it sticking to the top edge of the desktop ?
 - Though I don't have an example yet, I fear there might be issues should any command line require the text "target" (instead of the target's name) to be written within one of its commands. Or is there any syntax trick to prevent it ?
 - If possible, I'd prefer to enter the target name in a field on the same window as where the buttons are, so I don't need to click "OK" in a second window to actually run the command — though that can act as a "confirmation" dialog
 - I guess the window should be manually resizable, for with these default commands, the status bar is too short to display the contents of the B3 and B6 command
 - should we keep the dialog box asking for the target's name, I guess it would be nice if that window also reminded somewhere of which command it will run-ConstanceJill (October 06, 2012, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

ok, try this instead

* window now floats and doesn't hide
* removed the status bar and used tooltips instead
* replaced the token string with '###' instead of the string TARGET (this could be anything you like)
* added a combobox for the faves list - you can type an entry, or use the drop down to select an existing favourite
* added a confirmation field to the command list.  Items tagged for confirmation will be prompted at run time
I haven't done anything about editing the faves list yet, but if you want to you can just edit the INI file (I could make it automagically reload if the ini is edited)

as it stands it doesn't actually run anything (it throws a messagebox showing the command).  If you like it I'll tidy the code and fix that

EDIT: attachment removed (downloaded 4 times)

ConstanceJill:
Thank you, that's becoming closer to what I had in mind :]
Though I really wish the buttons could have custom captions, as that would make it much easier for the user to reach the intended function.

[…] automagically […]-Target (October 07, 2012, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Huh ? I see what you did there ;)

Target:
Thank you, that's becoming closer to what I had in mind :]
Though I really wish the buttons could have custom captions, as that would make it much easier for the user to reach the intended function.
-ConstanceJill (October 08, 2012, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

ummm, so do you want a physical caption (eg <my description here instead> of <B1>) or would you like the caption in the tooltip?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version