ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

<< < (2/12) > >>

ConstanceJill:
Hello there ;D

This does seem like something that might be doable with my Find and Run Robot program (or with a plugin for it?).
-mouser (September 28, 2012, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm I'll need to take a closer look at it before I can answer this ^^

Hi, ConstanceJill, and welcome to the site.  I had meant to reply to your original post but it slipped my mind.  Apologies.-skwire (September 28, 2012, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
No problem :}

In regards to your request, does it have to be physical buttons on the GUI?  Interfaces like that can get really messy if you plan on adding a large number of these commands.  What about using a listview where you can double-click a row to run a command.  Or, highlight a row and click a single button to run a command?
-skwire (September 28, 2012, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well I had chosen buttons because these where the first user interface objects that came to my mind in order to minimize the number of mouse clicks required to trigger an action, so it would probably be the fastest way of triggering (several) pre-defined actions, but I suppose double clicking a listview line could do the trick too. Though I guess then I might not be able to choose an icon for each action (?)
Also, buttons don't need to be huge, as long as they have a tooltip on mouseover that describes what they do and/or an icon, so I guess one could get a few dozens to fit even in a rather small window — while there is no particular restriction on the program's window size.

Ath:
How about WinButtons?

The UI for editing the button actions may not be super, but IMHO it's usable.
If you have any feature requests, just throw 'm in :D

ConstanceJill:
Hmm I suppose I could use it if it had the mandatory text field for the user to input the target('s hostname or IP) and the second field for the second part of the command, since some administrative commands can't have the target to be specified at the very end — though I probably could create .bat files to get around that part.

Though, I think I'd prefer if possible a more "standard looking" resizable window, with less options in the editor xD

Here are some rough sketches of what I have in mind.

Main window :

- Right clicking on a button would open a context menu to edit or remove it
- Right clicking in the empty space of the "buttons zone" would allow to add a new button.
- The buttons don't absolutely need to be as large as on my sketch, as long as they're large enough for an icon and a short caption — we probably won't need anything longer than "Telnet, port 9000" or "Trigger CCM Soft. inventory"

Add / Edit dialog :

That's about all I need for the user interface :)

Ath:
Hm, it's not too difficult to add these features to WinButtons.
I'll use the variables it already supports, adding some options there, to show a parameter window-section like you sketched.
I can create a Quick button editor, with just the most standard fields, and the Confirmation option isn't that much work too.

ConstanceJill:
Thanks a lot, looking forward to it :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version