ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

<< < (6/12) > >>

ConstanceJill:
Thanks guys, I'll give both of these a try :}

ConstanceJill:
OK, I've been trying the latest version of Target's SUR and it works fine enough, however I have one problem, when running it under Windows 7 x64 —could not reproduce it under XP mode— when trying to run a telnet command, it fails with the following error message, even though I did install telnet in Windows 7 components, and can run the command manually.
Note : I have removed the ":" in the command line, which I should not have given as the correct syntax is "telnet target port", my bad.

Edit : There also seems to be weird issues with running commands which require confirmation — it doesn't run the right command when confirmation is given ?_?

Target:
OK, I've been trying the latest version of Target's SUR and it works fine enough, however I have one problem, when running it under Windows 7 x64 —could not reproduce it under XP mode— when trying to run a telnet command, it fails with the following error message, even though I did install telnet in Windows 7 components, and can run the command manually.
Note : I have removed the ":" in the command line, which I should not have given as the correct syntax is "telnet target port", my bad.-ConstanceJill (October 10, 2012, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

unfortunately I don't have an x64 system to test it on, so we might be a bit stuck with this one (can anyone else help out with this one?)

what happens when you run the command from the run command (WIN+R)?

Edit : There also seems to be weird issues with running commands which require confirmation — it doesn't run the right command when confirmation is given ?_?

--- End quote ---

well I did say I'd only done limited testing  :o

can you give me a bit more detail on what happens with the offending commands, eg what command you requested, and what you got

Target:
next iteration

now includes an editor  - I'm not totally happy with the editor gui, but I suppose it gets the job done

I still haven't done anything about the 'errors' you posted (pending more detail)

EDIT: attachment removed (downloaded 22 times)

Ath:
Telnet is only installed in a x64 incarnation on Windows x64, AFAICS, and it's only available in the \Windows\System32 directory for 64 bit processes, but not in the 32 bit \Windows\SysWOW64 redirection directory for 32 bit processes.
I haven't seen any easy solutions, other than copying telnet.exe over from System32 to the SysWOW64 directory.

Another alternative would be to use different terminal software, there are several available, and you are probably using one of them already 8), as telnet is quite 'rudimentary' in features and looks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version