ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

<< < (3/12) > >>

Target:
I've been playing with something for this

IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place

buttons are generated dynamically (from the favourites list).  the list view is only used for maintaining your favourites and would normally be 'hidden'

how picky are you about graphical buttons, and where do you anticipate you would get the icons?

and if you could provide a sample of some of the commands you use (and the parameters) that would be helpful

ConstanceJill:
Hello there :}
how picky are you about graphical buttons, and where do you anticipate you would get the icons?-Target (September 30, 2012, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm I'm not sure I completely understand the first part.
If that means "does it absolutely have to be buttons", then well, I'd really prefer ìt to
If that means "is that mandatory that you could put icons on the buttons", then my answer is : no, though I'd prefer if it was possible — as stated in the first message, it's part of the "optional" features
About where I would get the icons : from within some .exe, .dll, .cur or .ani files. Possibly some .bmp renamed to .ico, since that seems to work fine enough under XP / 7

and if you could provide a sample of some of the commands you use (and the parameters) that would be helpful
-Target (September 30, 2012, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sure, here are a few examples.

ping -t target
sc \\target start remoteregistry
reg add "\\target\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server" /v fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
mstsc /v:target
shutdown -r -t 0 -m \\target
"c:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe" http://target
telnet target:9000
wmic /node:"target" /namespace:\\root\ccm path sms_client CALL TriggerSchedule "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000002}” /NOINTERACTIVE

Target:
Hello there :}
how picky are you about graphical buttons, and where do you anticipate you would get the icons?-Target (September 30, 2012, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm I'm not sure I completely understand the first part.
If that means "does it absolutely have to be buttons", then well, I'd really prefer ìt to
If that means "is that mandatory that you could put icons on the buttons", then my answer is : no, though I'd prefer if it was possible — as stated in the first message, it's part of the "optional" features
About where I would get the icons : from within some .exe, .dll, .cur or .ani files. Possibly some .bmp renamed to .ico, since that seems to work fine enough under XP / 7
-ConstanceJill (September 30, 2012, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

ok, my reasoning was that AHK does buttons or images, but not (easily) graphical buttons.  The second part was about whether or not you had a folder of favourite icons (easier) or you were just going to use another resource (harder)

Target:
come on guys, where are all those solutions you were working on 8)

here's my take

click a button to run the command.  When you do this you will get prompted for the 'target' info which will then be inserted into the command.

Commands are saved to an ini file.  They must be typed in full and use TARGET as a token for the...erm...target
Commands can be added, deleted, or edited from the gui (press the little button on the right hand end)
You can add as many commands as you like, though if you add too many the gui could be wider than the monitor  (I don't anticipate this being a problem)

I just reread your requirements and there's a few things I haven't done

* button captions - this was a space consideration as the button sizes would likely get out of control quick smart.  That said the 'command' is displayed in the status bar on mouse over
* Favourite 'targets' - when you click on a button you will get an input box to enter the required 'target' which will then be inserted into the command and run.  I've done very limited testing of this as I can't use it the same way you're likely to.
* confirmation before execution of commands - only just noticed this, but it shouldn't be too hard to add
* favourite targets - this is possible, but would require a different gui
Is this going in the right direction?

EDIT: attachment removed (downloaded 8 times)

Ath:
I'm working on an extension to WinButtons, but I have limited time available.
I've got parameter entry and tooltip updating working, but the confirmation prompt and quick add/edit of a button need to be added

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version