ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

This reads like my life...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Renegade:
One thing I loved doing when I was a kid -- I think like 9 or 10 -- was doing the ring-back on the phone. You dialed a variation on your telephone number, waited a moment, hung up, then your phone rang. I think my mom hated that. :P

40hz:
To do a paraphrased mashup from a famous novel:

"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. So...The first rule of Hack Club is: You do not talk about Hack Club. The second rule of Hack Club is: You do not talk about Hack Club."

Even after many many years. ;)

Stoic Joker:
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.-40hz (August 24, 2012, 06:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like that.

40hz:
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.-40hz (August 24, 2012, 06:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like that.
-Stoic Joker (August 24, 2012, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. Chuck Palahniuk is great for coming up with memorable lines. :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
Closest I ever got (vague 50th place) was one of the phone company test codes (now long forgotten) that when you dialed it, caused a phone-company dial-back like testing a line.
--- End quote ---

IIRC, it was 555-1212 (there were other uses for that line that I forget, and not just as a 'throwaway' number), wait for the click, and hang up.
Though I may be wrong as that was long, long ago in a place far, far away.  Ah, for a table phone and a pair of alligator clips...
-Edvard (August 23, 2012, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, from what feeble amount I remember, 555-XXXX is the famous movie code for phone numbers that do not exist. This was something like 98X-YYYY (last four of your own phone number.)
-TaoPhoenix (August 24, 2012, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Obviously, I did not recall correctly...  ;)
I knew that about 555 designating a fake number, but I'm pretty sure me and my first hacker friend found other uses for it.
Like I said, IIRC, which is prolly NOT the case 95% of the time  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version