topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Importing and Exporting Configs for Manipulation  (Read 4929 times)

murdock01

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Importing and Exporting Configs for Manipulation
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:06 PM »
I hope this has not been discussed but I did not find much in my searching...

Is there a way to export and import LBC configs to a file (xml, txt, csv) for the purposes of making sweeping changes or creating LBC configs quickly, or even backing up a config?

My situation: I have rather large LBC config, lots of menus and items. I want to make this portable, or less prone to breakage when my drive letters change or I move things. Everything I have defined points to a D drive. I want to switch to %APPDRIVE%. I was hoping to export to an XML file, or something, that I can do a search and replace. Then I could import into a blank toolbar and have my current config but now everything is changed. Just looking for a way to make sweeping changes without having to do lots of work.
Or maybe a option that tells LBC, if the option is enabled, to use the variable %APPDRIVE% instead of the drive letter if LBC detects that the added app is on the same drive as LBC or something.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Importing and Exporting Configs for Manipulation
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:23 AM »
This is something I've been meaning to add for a while now.. Export to and Import from XML files.. It's on my todo list.

Lolipop Jones

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Export to and Import from XML files

As someone who tries to maintain LBC on four different computers which have almost, but not quite, the same software installed on each, I would like to chime in here with a hearty "can hardly wait".   
Today's problems were yesterday's solutions....

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:38 AM »
A +1 from me for something like this. LBC is a massively useful way to keep track of my portable apps but when I set it up, I cleverly dragged and dropped and ordered and tweaked but never thought to replace the drive reference to %APPDRIVE%.

My main install of LBC on my portable hard disk has 286 nodes.  :o

Some of them are separators.  :)

Just not very many.  ;D

So I force my portable HD to be G: everywhere I use it. But I tell myself off every time I do it. :)

[edit]

And I've just realised, when I edit a node that only has a local reference to an icon (because it's a menu, say) changing the drive reference to %APPDRIVE% doesn't result in the "save changes" button becoming available unless some other change (to the comment, say) is made.
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:53 AM by oblivion »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16 AM »
And I've just realised, when I edit a node that only has a local reference to an icon (because it's a menu, say) changing the drive reference to %APPDRIVE% doesn't result in the "save changes" button becoming available unless some other change (to the comment, say) is made.

this part will be fixed in next release.