ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Winamp plugins and additional useful stuff

<< < (2/3) > >>

nudone:
Amorak doesn't change your files, instead it creates a bookmark that is initiated when the matching file name appears in winamp again.

in the screengrab the bottom right panel is 'Amorak'. you can see i've named two 'bookmarks' for the 'Mojove Plan' track. clicking on one of the bookmarks will jump to that time within the track. unfortunately, Amorak doesn't auto jump when it detects a track with bookmarks in it so it's not the 'complete' solution. i would have preferred a method that automatically knows when to jump 'into' a track and when to jump 'out' of a track. like editing on the fly i guess.

i've just downloaded 'beatharness' so i'm going to try it now...

nudone:
oh, forgot to say, you can have Amorak display lyrics for you. i haven't tried that so can't comment on how well it works.

just had a quick go with BeatHarness. very nice but not my cup of tea. i don't really like the 'random' splodgy type visualizers - i go for the symmetrical type of thing, just makes me think i'm seeing a representation of both right and left audio channels (though, that's probably not entirely what is happening).

'white scream firefly' looks like a more up to date version of the old traditional style 'bar graph' graphic equalisers, not one of the swirly throbbing blobby things that tend to dominate the visualizer scene.

brotherS:
I updated my first post above to now include MuchFX!

Amorak doesn't change your files, instead it creates a bookmark that is initiated when the matching file name appears in winamp again.

in the screengrab the bottom right panel is 'Amorak'. you can see i've named two 'bookmarks' for the 'Mojove Plan' track.
-nudone (April 14, 2006, 03:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm trying Amorak too now. It's a shame it looks as outdated as MuchFX. Besides the looks, Amorak really needs an update: I can't use the very useful autosave option since that throws up error messages when listening to streams... also Amorak doesn't support Winamp 5's very useful global hotkeys.

brotherS:
I updated the MuchFX part in first post above.

vegas:
The one plug-in that is an absolute must with any winamp install.  WinCue (www.wincue.org).  It indexes all the music on your hard drive and makes a very fast as-you-type search results box.  It also has a party mode which it will randomly play songs from the results list, and there are many options you can set.  Once you try it you cannot live without it ;) The website is a little broken but version 1.40 is the last, and works flawlessly.  Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version