ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help! How do I Convert .SCR Screensaver to and EXE Installer for Windows?

(1/1)

pencke:
Help!  How do I Convert .SCR Screensaver to and .EXE Installer for Windows?

Also can an .SCR made in windows be used on a MAC? How do I convert or do I have to create from scratch?

Are than any Screen Saver Maker programs that create screensavers that work on both PCs and MACs?

ThanX

Tinman57:
Help!  How do I Convert .SCR Screensaver to and .EXE Installer for Windows?

Also can an .SCR made in windows be used on a MAC? How do I convert or do I have to create from scratch?

Are than any Screen Saver Maker programs that create screensavers that work on both PCs and MACs?  ThanX -pencke (September 25, 2012, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are freebie apps like that on PCWorld, and perhaps ZDNet.  Not sure about the Mac thing though....

Ath:
Packaging something executable like a screensaver into a setup is a perfect job for Inno Setup, (or NSIS if you want a little more difficult scripting). Both are Windows-only. But then the .scr file is also Windows-only ;)
Putting an .scr file into the Windows system directories has some caveats, but it's not too difficult. Read the (on-line) docs and ask any questions in the newsgroups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version