topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Help! How do I Convert .SCR Screensaver to and EXE Installer for Windows?  (Read 7064 times)

pencke

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Help!  How do I Convert .SCR Screensaver to and .EXE Installer for Windows?

Also can an .SCR made in windows be used on a MAC? How do I convert or do I have to create from scratch?

Are than any Screen Saver Maker programs that create screensavers that work on both PCs and MACs?

ThanX
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:58 PM by pencke, Reason: clarify »

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Help!  How do I Convert .SCR Screensaver to and .EXE Installer for Windows?

Also can an .SCR made in windows be used on a MAC? How do I convert or do I have to create from scratch?

Are than any Screen Saver Maker programs that create screensavers that work on both PCs and MACs?  ThanX

There are freebie apps like that on PCWorld, and perhaps ZDNet.  Not sure about the Mac thing though....

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Packaging something executable like a screensaver into a setup is a perfect job for Inno Setup, (or NSIS if you want a little more difficult scripting). Both are Windows-only. But then the .scr file is also Windows-only ;)
Putting an .scr file into the Windows system directories has some caveats, but it's not too difficult. Read the (on-line) docs and ask any questions in the newsgroups.