ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Older Newsletters

DonationCoder.com Article - One Year Report on our Experiments with Donationware

(1/12) > >>

mouser:
This thread will be for discussing the one-year report article:
http://articles.donationcoder.com/One

Please share this article with anyone you know who might be interested in Donationware, or in what this site is trying to do.

nudone:
just read the excellent article, mouser. fascinating. it will be of great use i'm sure for all those thinking of embracing the donation ethic - for the potential donator and for the beneficiary.

mouser:
thanks nudone  :Thmbsup:

i still feel like i wasn't quite able to capture the amazing spirit that users have brought to this site - it far outweighs any monetary issues.  but it's hard to convey that, so i ended up mostly speaking in business terms i'm afraid.

brotherS:
i still feel like i wasn't quite able to capture the amazing spirit that users have brought to this site
-mouser (April 13, 2006, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
It surely was that spirit that captured me here! :)

zridling:
I see the end of a interesting doctoral dissertation. Interesting, for a change! The relationship between coder and donator is obviously symbiotic when reconceived using this idea. I can't code, but I can donate. Others can code, and if they contribute, they can find reward through donationware, not merely monetarily, but through persistent feedback on every level from newbie to programmer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version