ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Older Newsletters

DonationCoder.com Article - One Year Report on our Experiments with Donationware

<< < (9/12) > >>

mouser:
well #2 is definitely fairly easy to do and wouldnt involve changing the licensing system, so if that would help alleviate some of the pain of having to copy and paste the license keys i think it's worth doing.

tomos:
sounds great mouser
how about the repeat donor gets the option to get a second key they could give to someone else -
(maybe not a lifetime one?) - not sure myself if it's good idea but just throwing it out there anyway.

I've recommended stuff from here to people but know they wont bother, this could be a way of spreading the word - say someone gets a liscence for a year or 6 months, then they can come and donate or not as they see fit

mouser:
how about the repeat donor gets the option to get a second key they could give to someone else -
(maybe not a lifetime one?) - not sure myself if it's good idea but just throwing it out there anyway.
--- End quote ---

actually this is already the unstated policy.  when you donate you get a link that will upgrade any one forum account to full membership with license key.  you can give this link to a friend.

housetier:
I wonder what an articel about "Five Years DC" would sound like...

It's good we keep these old threads alive: the forums feels deeper somehow with all the historical facts still present.

mahesh2k:
I got an idea from housetier's post, Can we use SIMILE & some of our own code to put facts about DC every year? that will be a good time-line as well.

Also, it will be a good to have separate section for Non-profit/Educational users, so that direct license can be given. Also collecting information about Non-profits/educational user will help us calculate how many users in this category are using DC softwares.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version