ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Morphing somebody's face/head over the years - how do they do that?

(1/5) > >>

IainB:
Morphing somebody's face/head over the years - how do they do that?
Like this, for example - I thought this was amazing. Never seen anything quite like it before, and I'd like to know how to do it.

barney:
Actually, it's pretty easy.  A decent morphing software, a series of images, then you specify pair points on each photo.  As the series progresses, you see apparent aging in the subject in supposedly real time.  There are some freeware applications available, you'd just have to check to see what would work for you.  

I use Abrosoft's FantaMorph, but it's not cheap - $49.95 US, and I don't recall whether that was BDJ or not.

If you try it, remember that the more pair points you set, the smoother and more realistic the transformation will appear.

[Sidebar
A pair point is, for instance, the tip of the nose in each image, the earlobes, the tops of the ears, the eyebrows, and the like.  The more pair points you have, the smoother the transition will be.]

You can also set a reverse morph, i.e. old maid to young girl, by changing the the photo order.

Oh, yeah, doesn't hafta be photos, can be any image set.  Once changed a Mercedes into a Model T that way.  Transformed from the Mercedes to a Pontiac to a Chevrolet to a Ford to a Model T, each one (1) older as the morph progressed.  All the images were commercial advertisements  :P.

Edit:  link for FantaMorph

kunkel321:
Yea, I've used Morpheus  http://www.morpheussoftware.net/ it's pretty easy.

There are some free ones out there.  Checkout http://download.cnet.com/FotoMorph/3000-2186_4-10845768.html  If you google search, then watch out for viruses with this type of software....   Stuff from cnet aught to be safe though.

IainB:
Thanks for the pointers. I shall investigate/trial.

nosh:
I can vouch for Fantamorph. Haven't updated (or used) it in years but it was a solid, evolved app even back then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version