ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's Official: Many DC'ers Are Psychopaths~! :P

<< < (7/10) > >>

app103:
You can't win if you are willing to believe the articles. You either don't have a Facebook account and it means that there is something wrong with you, or you do have a Facebook account and it means there is something wrong with you. Either way, there is still something wrong with you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1310230/Facebook-users-narcissistic-insecure-low-self-esteem.html
-app103 (August 09, 2012, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! ;D

Oh god... It only gets better~!

Even George Carlin would have had a tough time keeping up with the hilarity~! :D

But seriously -- +1 for the good observation about "there's something wrong with you". A bit telling, perhaps?
-Renegade (August 09, 2012, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

The best part is how my link is from one of the sites you linked to in your first post.  ;D

Tuxman:
I'm schizoid, does that work?

iphigenie:
"what's wrong with you" is the oldest trick in the book to silence other people. It's also a great sales trick - convince enough of the population that something is wrong with them/their bodies/their mind and you can sell them things for a long time. It's also a great control trick - the more time people spend on making themselves acceptable, the more they are kept busy chasing, the less time they have to think or challenge...

I keep thinking the range of acceptable choices and behaviours keeps getting narrower because there is less and less space at the edges/frontiers where people can go. It's obviously an evolution of the "not good" variety, especially for people who can't help being different, or people who are by temperament tricksters or boundary pushers.

PS: not being on facebook would be being a sociopath, not a psychopath. just sayin...

PPS: I remember reading that the guy up in Norway had done/said/posted things on facebook, so their premises are probably off (these guys probably arent on facebook AFTER the fact cause their profiles were disconnected asap to investigate and to protect innocent connections etc.)

PPPS: actually, "what's wrong with you" is the thing that jumps into my head whenever i read almost any article in that newspaper. Which I try to avoid, as it winds me up so.

SeraphimLabs:
If you don't use facebook, you're clearly antisocial and should be taken to a professional before you snap at how disgusting human social interaction really is.

If you use facebook, clearly you're depressed and need happy happy pills at the cost of $15000 a bottle that do nothing at all anyway.

This is a perfect trap, somebody is going to get richer than ever before writing books and pushing pills to fix these problems.

I'm already documented antisocial, though really it has to do with comfort zone- I won't talk unless I am comfortable talking in that environment, so my facebook is purely for keeping tabs on people that I don't like. Somehow, that alone is bad enough to get a shrink to put tags on me and try to sell me pills that are documented to cause the very things they are designed to treat.

Needless to say as soon as I turned 18 and could make my own decisions regarding that kind of thing, ALL of that stopped. I'm better off now than I ever was relying on professional attention, and I'm even riding out the most stressful times I've ever had in my life. Doesn't that kind of thing point finger at the shrinks and say "What exactly was it you were doing for me?"  

And besides, I flat out will not work for a company that tries to snoop my facebook. Not that it matters, the only thing they'd see is attempts to advertise my one man corporation (LLC) that failed spectacularly because unless you're a social butterfly on facebook nobody cares what you have to say there anyway. If anything I should use that lurking account to keep tabs on the HR department's activities, because they'd probably be scratching their head over why I would be so inactive on it.

Oh yeah and icing on the cake- human social behavior is so deceptively simple, that I have not one but TWO artificial intelligences on my chatroom that are capable of passing the turing test. Their entire knowledge is based on observing the way we talk and imitating it, rearranging the words in an attempt to make sense. More often than not the result is as readable as a broken translation, and people can actually hold a conversation with them not realizing that it's not a human they're talking to.

40hz:
PS: not being on facebook would be being a sociopath, not a psychopath. just sayin...
-iphigenie (August 12, 2012, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

@I - thanks for pointing that out. It drives me crazy listening to psych terminology being bandied about with little regard for using the correct terms. So much so I've given up even attempting to correct any more. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version