ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The pleasure and possibilities of living a time-shifted life?

<< < (5/5)

40hz:
Well, as long as what you have works for you.  I haven't found anything yet that I can't pay in advance... it's just that their systems don't sometimes keep up with it as a forward payment.   This includes a PO Box... I'm not sure why your post office doesn't let you re-up in advance... mine doesn't care.
-wraith808 (August 08, 2012, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Several times, the person was nice, they seemed helpless; "We can't renew a box earlier than 30 days before it's due."

Dunno how to answer that. Maybe some Postal reps in other states hacked/patched the system.
-TaoPhoenix (August 08, 2012, 01:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was explained to me that it was an attempt to ensure the box renter was mostly "local." Prior to that you'd have businesses rent a box for years at a clip, disappear, and then have the box tied up needlessly while the waiting list grew and grew. They also did it to discourage people from setting up "box drops" all over the country in advance for scamming and other questionable purposes. Which kinda makes sense since back in the old anti-war/counterculture underground era, a lot of that went on and made for easy moving of cash with no risk of traceback to people who needed to 'stay disappeared.' They used to call that the "Underground Western Union" or "Mexican Laundry."

Simpler times. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version