ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 - Mini-Review

<< < (3/9) > >>

IainB:
2012-11-08: Updated the Opening Post with additional notes from my use of these headphones and following the latest Logitech driver/software release.

tomicjr:
Nice review! 

I have been using this headset for over a year.  It has many advanced features for gamers, but I use it primarily from a home office with Skype and GoToMeeting.  The hardware quality and performance has met my expectations, and I would recommend this headset with a few caveats...

I am using the latest drivers 8.40.83

Pros:

* Quality hardware, still in perfect condition after extended daily use!
* Excellent, lag-free sound quality from mic / speakers.  Other party often comments on the clarity of sound.
* Comfort during multiple-hour sessions.  I was initially concerned with the size/weight, but it hasn't been an issue.
* Battery life - easily lasts 8+ hours, and can even be used while charging.
* Programmable controls on headset, which are application-aware.
Cons / Caveats:

* Initially, had many issues with Logitech drivers and Windows 7 64-bit.  Control panel would crash, lost connection to the device, etc.
* Drivers are flaky.  Updates seem to be mostly for game compatibility.
* With UAC enabled, must run control panel as Administrator.
* Audio levels reset themselves - Volume, Mic, AND Sidetone.
* Sound isolating, and it is weird to not hear your own voice normally during conference calls.  Sidetone helps, but randomly resets level or disables itself!  This has been an often reported problem for a long time...
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/G930-Headset-problem-Sidetone-Slider-Doesn-t-Do-Anything/td-p/474193
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/G930-preserve-sidetone-setting/m-p/886158

IainB:
@tomicjr: Thanks. Useful input. I'll have to update the review re the latest drivers.

IainB:
I have updated the review in the opening post to reflect the latest version of the Logitech Gaming Software: 8.40.83

IainB:
2013-08-24: Updated software/driver version and operational details, and documented a fix re dongle storage.
The Logitech G930 is still one of the best headsets on the planet, IMO.    :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version