ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Olympic coverage this year SUCKS!

<< < (7/10) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

Good catch. I supposed I am mildly annoyed at myself that I am falling for the clickbait titles lately. This is the third time on a DC news item I've done that. :(

Renegade:
6 of one. It's still funny~! :D

The article topic was originally from here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/08/olympics-spectator-parkinsons-arrest-smiling

And here:

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/Parkinson-8217-s-sufferer-arrested-Leatherhead/story-16670387-detail/story.html

It's not just Prison Planet. But the Prison Planet article is certainly much more entertaining~! :D

Stoic Joker:
I'm not sure why he start talking about the smiling thing - maybe the police took it as meaning he was only there to protest?-tomos (August 10, 2012, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

They're profiling people looking for anyone that is too nervous/properly engaged with the event/etc., so he got targeted. And as usual the profiling got a bit out-of-hand. The fuzz deserve the ridicule and should just deal with it, learn from it, and move on ... They have no defensible position IMO.

wraith808:
The guardian has found a unique way to get past restrictions on coverage of the Olympics.  A cool way to watch and give no money to the sponsors or the IOC.

tomos:
I'm not sure why he start talking about the smiling thing - maybe the police took it as meaning he was only there to protest?-tomos (August 10, 2012, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

They're profiling people looking for anyone that is too nervous/properly engaged with the event/etc., so he got targeted. And as usual the profiling got a bit out-of-hand. The fuzz deserve the ridicule and should just deal with it, learn from it, and move on ... They have no defensible position IMO.
-Stoic Joker (August 10, 2012, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

You should be the journalist SJ - you've explained it a lot more articulately than any of the articles above ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version