ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

File path and icon issue, incorrect path "C:\Program Files (x86)\..."

(1/5) > >>

Vanav:
Hello.

I run FARR v.2.105.01 under Windows 7 and I have issue with file path and icons (see attached screenshot).
SecureFX and SecureCRT are both installed in "C:\Program Files\...", but first icon is correct (SecureFX on screenshot), and second icon is incorrect (SecureCRT on screenshot).
"Shell Context Menu.. - Properties" shows correct path to .exe file for both applications, "Properties.." shows incorrect path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." for both applications. Shortcuts in start menu are correct. FARR can launch both applications correctly. Paths in status bar are correct.

So, the issue is that second icon is incorrect (it can be either SecureCRT or SecureFX, depending on what application was launched last), and path in "Properties.." is incorrect for both applications.
How can I debug this issue?

mouser:
Hi Vanav,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply.  Is this problem still happening?

Can you explain a bit more what things are working incorrectly?

Vanav:
I've tested v2.107.01, issue is still there. Here are screenshots. What is incorrect:
1) no icon of program, if program is in 2, 3, 4, 5 row. First row always have correct icon for this program.
2) incorrect path in "Properties..." of program.
I don't know why there is incorrect path.

mouser:
If you go to your Launch History tab, is the wrong path for these items in the launch history?

If you right-click and clear all entries, are the icons now all correct when you search?

If so, does launching one of the items subsequently make the icon break again?

Vanav:
1. Path is correct, but it is path to shortcut: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SecureCRT 7.1\SecureCRT 7.1.lnk"
2. Icons for this applications for second row and below are still not correct with empty history.

So, path to shortcut is always correct. But path to application is sometimes incorrect. I think, this is the reason for missing icon.

If I check shortcut properties ("C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SecureCRT 7.1\SecureCRT 7.1.lnk"), path is correct there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version