ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook.com

<< < (9/12) > >>

40hz:
If anybody is that sold on the Outlook experience (and has $4 a month to spend) it might be worth looking into Microsoft's Exchange Online offering. That gives you email hosted through Microsoft's Exchanger server cloud services. It's pretty powerful and compelling since Outlook doesn't reach anywhere near its real potential until it's wedded to an MS Exchange backend.

wraith808:
I'm thinking more and more about it...  becoming less and less enamored with google's offerings.

superboyac:
If anybody is that sold on the Outlook experience (and has $4 a month to spend) it might be worth looking into Microsoft's Exchange Online offering. That gives you email hosted through Microsoft's Exchanger server cloud services. It's pretty powerful and compelling since Outlook doesn't reach anywhere near its real potential until it's wedded to an MS Exchange backend.
-40hz (December 12, 2013, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Stoic turned me on to this in the other thread.  I don't have a terribly good idea about the power and potential that Exchange offers.  Can you give some more details?

Is it possible to make a GAL with that service?

superboyac:
I'm thinking more and more about it...  becoming less and less enamored with google's offerings.
-wraith808 (December 12, 2013, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1000 on that.  I'm currently trying to figure out how to minimize google services used on an android phone.  I know I need the gmail account, but I don't necessarily need the email or anything else.

40hz:
-40hz (December 12, 2013, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
Stoic turned me on to this in the other thread.  I don't have a terribly good idea about the power and potential that Exchange offers.  Can you give some more details?

Is it possible to make a GAL with that service?
-superboyac (December 12, 2013, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Gnomes of Redmond will give you a free 30-day trial of it along with the rest of Office365. No card required. Best bet is to try it since this is one of those product lines you either love or hate. There's tons of vids up on YouTube if you want to see it in action. Microsoft also publishes a huge amount of info on their website.

Much as I don't like public cloud, it's a compelling proposition they're offering. Small businesses without affordable or available IT staff could do worse than sign on for it.

I'm guessing all Microsoft products will be "sold" this way before another 10 years passes. Like Adobe, they want to sell you services - not products.

-------------

P.S. Call me slow today, but what's a GAL?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version