ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook.com

<< < (6/12) > >>

daddydave:
If you sign up for this using a Windows Live account that uses a non-Microsoft email address, you don't get a new Microsoft email address you can send from, you'll have to send from your non-Microsoft email address within outlook.com.
-daddydave (August 04, 2012, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I now realize this is INCORRECT, based on IainB's "potentially useful" link and seeing the "Rename your email address" option myself under the original Live account. So.....I have deleted my new one, going to wait a few days and try to rename my old one to the same one I deleted (unless in the meantime I decide that [email protected] is going to be too much of a spam magnet).

daddydave:
Since this is brand new, it's hard to search for help on this stuff, all you get is links to the desktop client Outlook, outlook365 or office365 or whatever it is.  Good to know about the official blog.

IainB:
Since this is brand new, it's hard to search for help on this stuff, all you get is links to the desktop client Outlook, outlook365 or office365 or whatever it is.  Good to know about the official blog.
-daddydave (August 06, 2012, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
^ +1 from me. I dislike being ill-informed about stuff like this. It's too easy to irrevocably screw things up. We are all in the same boat, it seems.

Carol Haynes:
I just wish Microsoft would stop calling everything Outlook!

Spent some time today trying to resolve an issue with a customers email - turns out the ISP had changed ot using Office365 for email and consequently she had been moved to new servers - pop.outlook.com and smtp.outlook.com - they do not seem to relate to the public outlook.com being discussed here.

Talk about deliberately clouding the issue and causing confusion - 90% of the time you look for support for Outlook searches still turn up mostly irrelevant information from Outlook Express days or the wrong version of Outlook ...

It isn't as though they need the outlook brand to be carried forward - I would have though MS would want to drop it as the Office version is pretty universally slammed by anyone who has to troubleshoot it!! It seems to me an ideal opportunity to come up with a anew mail brand ... Metro Mail (oops no can't have that), Windows Mail (oops been there done that), ditto Live Mail ... how about Bing Mail ? Now that would draw the crowds for sure!

daddydave:
Carol, I just noticed your ads in the screenshot look more like "user tips," mine looked more like Groupon type discounts, they seemed so far to be all from restaurant dot com iirc. I supposed they roll things out differently based on region.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version