ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook.com

<< < (3/12) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Adblock plus blocks all ads in outlook.com on my system

There is an Ad bar down the right when adblock plus is disabled

(using Google Chrome)

daddydave:
Adblock plus blocks all ads in outlook.com on my system

There is an Ad bar down the right when adblock plus is disabled

(using Google Chrome)
-Carol Haynes (August 04, 2012, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have Adblock Plus as well (Firefox version), but I just tried going to the site in another browser and didn't see any ads there either. I guess they show up after you actually start using it, which I'm not yet.

Carol Haynes:
Interesting - I get a block of Google-style text ads down the right margin of the screen. As soon as I activated AdBlock plus they disappeared.

Maybe it depends on your APB subscriptions (I use EasyList, Fanboy and "Recommended filters for Google Chrome"). I also have the Extension "Ad-blocker for Gmailâ„¢ 2.7" installed in Chrome.

Also just tried it in Firefox 14 with and without AdBlock Plus enabled (again using Fanboy and EasyList subs but it doesn't make any difference if unobtrusive ads are ticked or not in filter preferences):

Without ABP:

Outlook.com

With ABP:

Outlook.com

wraith808:
Yes, you have ads when you're not in an e-mail thread (conversation).  When you have an e-mail open, there are no ads.

And isn't that the same link in the OP IanB?

tomos:
I find the whole import/ send from another address confusing; e.g. it says I "can use Hotmail to send and receive email from other accounts. To get started, enter an email address". I mean, what's hotmail got to do with it...?

Normally if I create a web account, mail sent from that account uses that email address. It's not at all clear to me what's going to happen here, I presume if I import I will have the choice of using multiple addresses including the new outlook one (but I guess I'm wondering is this an online email client, or a web address, or both).*

BTW I have imported email from another account (gmail). My local email client now does not download the most recent mails, presumably cause outlook has marked them as downloaded - anyone know how to fix that? both are using pop3.

[edit] * when I dig a bit I see that it is both [edit]

[edit2] I removed the gmail account [edit2]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version