ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook.com

<< < (2/12) > >>

Rover:

:two:

mahesh2k:
Gmail is laggy on Firefox and also nagging a lot with ads and usability. I hope they don't do that to other browsers than IE.

I like the interface.

daddydave:
Found a couple of things out the hard way. If you sign up for this using a Windows Live account that uses a non-Microsoft email address, you don't get a new Microsoft email address you can send from, you'll have to send from your non-Microsoft email address within outlook.com. (I wouldn't recommend it, when I sent from my gmail address TO my gmail address from outlook.com, it gets flagged as a possibly not from me when I logged into Gmail to check it out.) You can create email aliases which are @outlook.com, but you can't send from them (at least in the above scenario). And the really important part, once you create an alias, you can't use that email address for a new account even if you delete the alias later.

One feature I just glanced at that hasn't gotten any hype yet to my knowledge is that you can have sub-accounts for kids.

Carol Haynes:
AdBlock Plus works well with outlook.com

daddydave:
AdBlock Plus works well with outlook.com
-Carol Haynes (August 04, 2012, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean because there are no ads adverts yet, or have you seen some that it is blocking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version