ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook.com

<< < (8/12) > >>

tomos:
I was wondering has anyone here been using Outlook.com regularly, if so, how's it going? :)
(Further comparisions with gmail of special interest here.)

btw Iain started a new thread about migrating:
Migrating from Google Gmail.com to Microsoft Outlook.com
 :up:

IainB:
@tomos: I have only been using Outlook.com/SkyDrive a bit, as I could not see an easy way of migrating fully from Gmail - until today (which was why I made that separate post about migrating from Google Gmail.com to Microsoft Outlook.com).

Given my increased reliance/use of OneNote and its integration in MS Office Professional Plus 2013 (cost $10.00), my intention is to move to the better integration (and fuller-featured functionality) of MS Office + SkyDrive + Win8.1 + Contacts.

tomos:
^Thanks Iain

Was reading this: http://www.zdnet.com/the-case-against-gmail-7000022571/ (The Case against Gmail / Ed Bott) - the comments are informative.
When the outlook import feature (see the Migrating thread) gets activated here, I can just try it out and see how I get on.

tomos:
I see Outlook offers a paid "Ad-free Outlook"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlook

What caught my eye there was:
What you get
No account expiration

You don't need to log in to keep your account active as long as your Ad-free Outlook.com subscription is current.

--- End quote ---

So, the free Outlook.com has inbuilt account expiration :tellme:
My mail gets checked regularly but that is still not inspiring of confidence...

wraith808:
Yes... it's been that way since hotmail.  If you don't login for a set period of time (I think it's 90 days) your account gets wiped.  You still retain the account, but all of the e-mail is gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version