ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Paste a screenshot in windows explorer

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
patku, I can write you a small script that should work for you.  However, you would need to have a certain option turned on in your Windows Explorer options...
-skwire (August 04, 2012, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Do we actually need a script to do that?
I would like to understand how come @mouser can paste an image from Clipboard into a .bmp file (by default) in Windows explorer, and yet we cannot.
[...Having said that, I see an unpleasant aspect -- when you hit Ctrl+V it will create a new image file, but the image file will be called "Clipboard Image.bmp" and be in bmp format.
-mouser (August 01, 2012, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
If we knew what configuration in Windows was required to enable this default, then we wouldn't need a workaround script - would we?

skwire:
If we knew what configuration in Windows was required to enable this default, then we wouldn't need a workaround script - would we?-IainB (August 04, 2012, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, my script offers additional functionality; you can specfiy a name and it also supports pasting as JPG, PNG, GIF, or BMP.

c.gingerich:
I thought this was a good idea, so I decided to make a quick app called Paste As File. Right click on the desktop or on the background of a Windows explorer window and select Past As File. You can then save the clipboard to a file based on the contents. Either a text file or an image in PNG or JPG format. You can download it from my website if you are interested. It's free.

http://starpunch.net/#PasteAsFile

patku:
@skwire Thanks for your willingness to create such a script. Maybe it would be better, though, if the functionality were added to (or fixed in?) Screenshot Captor (if I'm not the only one interested in such a feature). And I'm happy with the PasteAsFile solution, so no pressure from me anymore :-)

@c.gingerich I can't believe I never thought of generalizing the idea to pasting anything in the clipboard into a file - genius! And I tried it out on my Win7 32-bit machine - works like a charm. Thanks!

c.gingerich:
Great, glad you like it. I am going to make some tweaks to it and I'll post an update. I'll put it in the Announce Your Software topic for everyone to see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version