ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

GOG is reprising their "End of the World" sale for 2 Jan 2013

(1/1)

mwb1100:
GOG is redoing the "End of the World" sale that they had on Dec 21 - there are a bunch of bundles at 75% off and nearly all of their games are 50% off if you decide not to go with a bundle.

If you like old, nostalgic games, it's a good time to buy.  I've been replaying Ultima Underworld the past few days, and I'm loving it (but my sleep cycle isn't).

All games on GOG are DRM free.

http://www.gog.com/

Tinman57:
GOG is redoing the "End of the World" sale that they had on Dec 21 - there are a bunch of bundles at 75% off and nearly all of their games are 50% off if you decide not to go with a bundle.

If you like old, nostalgic games, it's a good time to buy.  I've been replaying Ultima Underworld the past few days, and I'm loving it (but my sleep cycle isn't).

-mwb1100 (January 02, 2013, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've bought over 10 games through Gog.com  The only thing I don't like is having to use their downloader, I prefer my own.

wraith808:

-mwb1100 (January 02, 2013, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've bought over 10 games through Gog.com  The only thing I don't like is having to use their downloader, I prefer my own.
-Tinman57 (January 04, 2013, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can directly download- you don't have to use their downloader.

GOG is reprising their "End of the World" sale for 2 Jan 2013

See the Gog downloader mode- notice how mine is off?  If you click with it off, it downloads directly.  I don't think it supports other speed up programs (especially those that download over multiple threads), but you can download directly.

Tinman57:
You can directly download- you don't have to use their downloader.
 See the Gog downloader mode- notice how mine is off?  If you click with it off, it downloads directly.  I don't think it supports other speed up programs (especially those that download over multiple threads), but you can download directly.
-wraith808 (January 04, 2013, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, yes and no.  If you live on the other side of the pond or have really high speed internet service it isn't a problem.  But where I'm at, out in the middle of nowhere with satellite internet, I keep getting dropped packets and timeouts.  When you start the download you only have so many minutes (10 I think) before the URL ceases to work.  Then you have to re-start your download with a new URL.  This is to prevent people from sharing the download URL with their buddies.  Because of threshold limitations, the only time I can download without using up my limit is between midnight and 6 AM when it don't cost me, so I can't just sit around renewing the URL every time the download stops for more than 10 minutes.  If I don't get my beauty sleep I can get quite ugly.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version