ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In search of ... cookie viewer w/create date

<< < (2/3) > >>

barney:
E-e-e-e-e ... Cookies Manager + doesn't seem work that way on my system ... no creation date.  (I thimk I have it configured properly  :-\.)  If I could get it to work, that would be a good start, but we need something external that would encompass all/most browsers ... at least the mainstream browsers  :-\.

When we started this, I thought it would be the very essence of simplicity ... I've been reeducated in that respect  :(.

As to the LSOs, Flash Cookie Cleaner, Flash Cookies View, and Flash Cookie Remover seem to work well enough.  I'd love to see something that would incorporate all cookies, regardless the source, but, suspect that would border on being a major programming project .  That's gonna be expensive if I have to commission someone to build it  >:( :(.

I'll see if the Cookie Spy folk might be amenable to an addendum.

mouser:
Cookies Manager + doesn't seem work that way on my system ... no creation date.
--- End quote ---

if i remember correctly, it is a little tricky to get it to show creation date in the grid; there is a tiny button on far right of header to let you toggle the columns to show.

Curt:
-mouser is correct:

barney:
Ack!  Found it, thanks both of ya.  Old eyes  :(.

That works rather nicely ... now to try to find a standalone that'll do the same for at least the mainstream browsers  :huh:.

I noticed two (2) things that are problematic, at least from within the browser:

* some cookies keep replicating as long as the browser is open
* some cookies simply cannot be deleted (but haven't checked for LSOs for them yet
Ah, well, back to the hunt ...

Curt:
-after installing Cookies Manager + I had several problems; not being able to open pages, view photos, etcetera. I removed it, and the problems went away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version