ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft OneNote - some experiential Tips & Tricks

<< < (29/41) > >>

dantheman:
Section Groups creation tutorial i borrowed from recent article on Makeuseof.com
Don't think it has ever been posted about here and do think it's worth knowing about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=SGCLlXWJprc

IainB:
...Don't think it has ever been posted about here and do think it's worth knowing about....
-dantheman (February 10, 2017, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think I have pointed out previously that there needs to be quite an investment of time made in OneNote, just to learn how to use the thing reasonably effectively. This video is a tutorial about one little bit - and it's Office 365 OneNote as well, which is not necessarily the same thing as the Desktop version. I've only used Desktop Office 2007, 2013 and 2016 - never used Office 365. I have used the free web-based version of OneNote, though I'm not sure whether it's the same thing as Office 365 OneNote - in fact, I suspect it isn't. Creating section groups in Office 2016 OneNote is a lot faster, though one can do it the way the video shows, if one wants.

IainB:
I just came across the OneNote Tagging Kit project in Codeplex: https://onenotetaggingkit.codeplex.com/
Here is the OneNote Tagging Kit User Guide

It seems to have been running for a couple of years, though I don't think I had come across it till today.

If anyone reading this tries it out - or has tried it out - could they post their comments here please?

I think I shall give it a trial.

Update: OK, I gave it a trial (Text in spoiler below)

SpoilerNotes on 1st installation of OneNoteTaggingKit Add-In 3.0
2017-02-21 1101hrs: Installed OK, and the TaggingKit COM Add-in came up just fine one the ribbon, but it broke quickly, as soon as I had tried to Refresh Tags in the Settings | Suggested Tags.

See error panel below:
   • Maybe the cause was there were no tags shown in the panel of suggested tags, thus nothing to refresh?
   • Clicking on OK took me to the "Known issues" on the Codeplex website, but I had already read that and knew there was no such issue recorded.

I tried restarting OneNote and removed and reinstated the TaggingKit COM Add-in via the Options panel, but the same error occurred.
At no point did OneNote crash.
I ended up by disabling and removing the TaggingKit COM Add-in via the Options panel.
Pity. Looked like it could be quite useful.  :-(

[image]
---------------------------
Severe OneNote Tagging Kit  Add-In Error
Creation of dialog window failed! »Failed to save settings:
Unable to save config to file 'C:\Users\[UID]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\DefaultDomain_Path_v32dbj0nyizgiwlbdihluefpg3ev3a0j\10.0.14393.0\user.config'.«

Click OK to browse troubleshooting tips and known issues. Click CANCEL to continue.

If this is a new issue, please consider reporting it. Describe what you were trying to do and attach the add-in log file
»R:\Temp\taggingkit_8D45A472A9FEF34.log«

Sorry for the inconvenience!
OK   Cancel   

IainB:
Using the embedded YouTube (and other) in situ viewing window in OneNotes seems to work flawlessly:
(The window is draggable to a larger/smaller size, but does not go "full screen".)

dantheman:
Problem here on Android.
If something is clipped to ON it is sent to "unfiled" tab which is fine.
But! If you have a dozen clips all sent to "unfiled" that makes a huge amount of tabs to classify.
In my situation, i would like to have just one "unfiled" tab receive all "clipped" items via Android into one single ON "unfiled" tab that could be eventually tagged. Can this be done?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version