ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Insert text string to front / end of each line in a text file

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
Welcome to the site Jim  :up:

Suggestion: Think about some screenshots to your web pages.

Suggestion #2: Check out this thread on our forum, about our NANY event; it might be something you would like to participate in.

Renegade:
Welcome to the site Jim  :up:

Suggestion: Think about some screenshots to your web pages.

Suggestion #2: Check out this thread on our forum, about our NANY event; it might be something you would like to participate in.
-mouser (October 16, 2012, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 for screenshots. I visited the page earlier, and was wondering a bit what it was about.

One approach to screenshots is to "tell a story", but that takes planning, and isn't really applicable to everything. It's rarely used, except in tutorials, but is extremely effective.

Oh, and Screenshot Captor is an excellent program for going just that! (I'll plug it for mouser as he's far too humble most of the time. :) And I've been using it for about 7 years or so, and it's 1 of the first (very few) programs I put on any new computer install.)  ;)

JimboNWUK:
Thanks for the feedback guys, I don't know why it never occurred to me to add a few screenshots, especially as they are all essentially single-screen apps. I guess I thought people would be more in need of the hardware photos. Ironically it was Screenshot Captor that I came to get the license key for!

I'm not a natural website coder, preferring to use a tool like Serif WebPlus than sully my hands with HTML so it will take me a couple of days to make the changes.

I like the idea of the NANY event but as my stuff is all "fait accomplis" rather than "work in progress" I guess it doesn't really qualify.

I'll repost when the screenshots are in, perhaps there's a more appropriate thread for me to highlight the site? If not I'll repost here.

Regards,

Jim.

JimboNWUK:
OK I have fought my way through the help files of Serif WebPlus X4 and added some screenshots (to be honest, the Serif help files were actually pretty good, otherwise I would not be posting this update!) so whenever you folks are ready, I would like some feedback if you can be bothered!  :o)    (you can email me from the site itself if you like as I have an email filter for mails from my site)

DeVamp:
Hi I just came across this after coming back for a license key...

I wrote a small standalone app to do stuff like this precisely because I hate regexp and having to keep repeatedly experiment wit it to get it to do what I want. It's called Textreme and you can download it from my website at www.jollybean.co.uk

Let me know if you find it useful!

Regards,

Jim.
-JimboNWUK (October 16, 2012, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is a noce tool. Will be added to my collection of tools.

Thank you very much :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version