ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: A shortcut/hotkey to switch between audio devices?

<< < (8/9) > >>

jgpaiva:
Oh my... YOU DID IT! Your suggestion fixed the problem! It works now, in both directions :D:D:D. Brilliant! Thank you very much. Thanks to everybody else trying to help as well. Just awesome. Wow ;)-moerl (April 12, 2006, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Great, that means that the problem was related with that string, mos probably, it was looking for " Realtek" instead of "Realtek" (notice the preceding space). Anyways, good to know it's working.

AHK is sweet. Now only to figure out how the hell to use it, and I'll be set!
-moerl (April 12, 2006, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
It took me one week to start making great stuff, and one month to know almost everything there is about it. Don't worry, it's really fast to learn.

While I'm at it.. how do I set a hotkey for scripts? And does AutoHotKey itself have its own GUI.. if so, how can it be accessed? I do have an entry for AHK on the start menu, but when I start AutoHotKey it starts with the default INI file and nothing really happens from what I could tell. It just opens the ini file in text-editing mode in notepad.
--- End quote ---
AHK is a scripting language, that means there is no gui, because it's not a "real" program. I'd say the best place for you to start is the help file, which is an exelent resource, and has tuturials on how to do the basic stuff.
The help file is so good, that it's a constant reference, even for everyone that knows how to program in AHK. You should have a good look at it, it'll take out all your doubts ;)

lanux128:
i'm glad to see that things picked up while i was not around. :up: amazingly, it was solved in just 4hrs 45mins... ;)
i think now is a good time to move this topic to "Finished Programs" on Coding Snacks.

...but when I right-click the desktop and choose NEW SHORTCUT the window that appears asks me for the file's location to which I want to create a shortcut. I can't just drop the code in that line :/-moerl (April 12, 2006, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, have disabled the right-click menu in the "New Shortcut" dialog but you can press Control-V to paste the command. since you have already have a working script, this is just some additional info for the future...

moerl:
i'm glad to see that things picked up while i was not around. :up: amazingly, it was solved in just 4hrs 45mins... ;)
i think now is a good time to move this topic to "Finished Programs" on Coding Snacks.

...but when I right-click the desktop and choose NEW SHORTCUT the window that appears asks me for the file's location to which I want to create a shortcut. I can't just drop the code in that line :/-moerl (April 12, 2006, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, have disabled the right-click menu in the "New Shortcut" dialog but you can press Control-V to paste the command. since you have already have a working script, this is just some additional info for the future...
-lanux128 (April 12, 2006, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nono.. I didn't mean that. I know the paste command, of course, and never use the mouse. I meant that the dialog that shows up does not accepts commands. It wants a file path for the file you want to create the shortcut for. I did try pasting the command and clicking next and it just told me "Can't find file "Run"" or something like that, when "Run" was the first word of the command...
But yeah, the problem is solved. This is just a side discussion :)

lanux128:
a'ah, i see... ok then use the full path to runDll32.exe, which should be in the system32 folder...

--- ---C:\Windows\System32\RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,2- or -

--- ---%windir%\System32\RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,2
hmm.. maybe, i'll post a new topic containing all these handy short-cuts. :-\
now, if only i could find them...

brotherS:
It works now, in both directions :D
--- End quote ---
Then please post the full code here for others to easily see it. Just click on the "#" above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version