ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

iPad 3 and me

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
well said, though i don't think people who have't used the ipad for some time will be able to appreciate how awful this restriction is.  it is a very artificial and painful limitation that you eventually come to really resent, and it's a major drawback of the apple devices.
-mouser (July 15, 2012, 09:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Truthfully, I know the restriction, and it's only really limited me few enough times that it's not been a big deal.  And I rarely use iTunes; now that they added the ability to upgrade the OS without tethering, I haven't connected either of my devices to my computer in quite a while.

xtabber:
A retraction.  A few days ago I said:

I've played with iPads and there is no question that they beat any Android tablet hands down when it comes to responsiveness.-xtabber (July 15, 2012, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Today, I received my Nexus 7 tablet from Google and I have to withdraw that statement.  This thing is every bit as responsive as any iPad I've ever played with, and at 1280x800 on a 7" screen, it looks just about as sharp.

I don't know how much of this is due to the hardware and how much is Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), but I'd have to say this is the first device I've tried that gives up nothing to the iPad and has all the advantages of Android.

lotusrootstarch:

I've played with iPads and there is no question that they beat any Android tablet hands down when it comes to responsiveness.-xtabber (July 15, 2012, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Today, I received my Nexus 7 tablet from Google and I have to withdraw that statement.  This thing is every bit as responsive as any iPad I've ever played with, and at 1280x800 on a 7" screen, it looks just about as sharp.

I don't know how much of this is due to the hardware and how much is Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), but I'd have to say this is the first device I've tried that gives up nothing to the iPad and has all the advantages of Android.

-xtabber (July 17, 2012, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear!!

phitsc:

--- End quote ---

-xtabber (July 17, 2012, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear!!
-lotusrootstarch (July 17, 2012, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed! I just wanted to comment that I don't expect an Android tablet that can rival the iPad's responsiveness any time soon. Good to hear I was wrong.

I'm not an Apple-fan at all. The iPad is the only Apple product I own. I'm not even using iTunes (don't have it installed). Nevertheless, I don't regret buying the iPad at all. It's an excellent device and a joy to play and work with. The lack of a file system as we're used to from desktop OSes is annoying. But like wraith808 it hasn't been a real problem for me so far. To be honest, the one thing I'd like Apple to change is the keyboard. 4 button presses to enter a + is just stupid. And the lack of arrow keys or an alternative method for moving the cursor as well. The magnifying glass is a nice idea but to be honest, it just sucks. Double-tab the main button works very well to switch between apps for me.

Last but not least, buying the iPad is *the* one thing that had the most positive effect on my Android phone's battery life ;)

DeVamp:
Nice reads. :-)

I'm no apple fan as well, and since my smartphone is a Samsung galaxy S2, my TV is a Samsung smart TV, I'll probably end up with a Samsung galaxy tab 10.x

Last but not least, buying the iPad is *the* one thing that had the most positive effect on my Android phone's battery life ;)
-phitsc (July 18, 2012, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Made me rofl :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version