ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (73/79) > >>

J-Mac:
How did that happen? Why did he have it taken down?

Jim

Renegade:
How did that happen? Why did he have it taken down?

Jim
-J-Mac (November 15, 2014, 12:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't want to get into it here in the Living Room. Short story, I posted publicly and freely available information that the United States Marshals Service didn't look kindly on. The information was incidental to the actual point the blog post was about.

Renegade:
www.themalaymailonline.com/what-you-think/article/trans-pacific-partnership-a-recipe-for-corporate-dictatorship-mun-loong-won

Highly relevant info there.

tomos:
www.themalaymailonline.com/what-you-think/article/trans-pacific-partnership-a-recipe-for-corporate-dictatorship-mun-loong-won

Highly relevant info there.
-Renegade (November 16, 2014, 04:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that's a scary one.
There's also the related EU/USA version TTIP or TAFTA :-(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_Trade_and_Investment_Partnership
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_Trade_and_Investment_Partnership#Controversy

IainB:
^^ Hahaha. Bad luck there @Renegade. What you say? - Ars Technica lying? Surely not!    :D

Ars Technica though - what an embarrassment that seems to have become lately. It used to be so good too.
They now have "discussions" on there which sometimes seem to be heavily biased propaganda or just plain misinformation, and where discussion can often turn into a moronic stream of ad homs by selected attack dogs against any luckless soul who dares to question a preferred line. Critical thinking apparently not required. I think the rot may have started when they tried coercing readers to switch off their AdBlockers (remember that?) - it set off a bit of an adverse reaction from some regular readers who just walked away (myself included).
I reckon the editors probably know exactly what they are about and do it deliberately - i.e., with the express purpose of simply encouraging/generating clicks from irrational and "hot under the collar"  commenters. It must pay dividends or they wouldn't do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version