ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (64/79) > >>

IainB:
Email from DemandProgress:
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
CISPA is back. Again.
Don’t worry, you’re not losing it. You didn’t just dream the past year and half. It all happened: We did kill CISPA in 2012. And we killed it earlier this year. Hundreds of thousands of you signed petitions. We forced Obama to issue TWO separate veto threats. The bill died in the Senate. Twice.

And when the Snowden leaks hit, everyone, even the New York Times, agreed there was no way a bill granting more invasive power to the NSA would ever pass Congress.

We weren't sleeping. But they must have been.

Because we learned this week that a group of Senators are pushing a new version of CISPA. Tell your Senators: the NSA has enough power, oppose CISPA!

Senators Diane Feinstein and Saxby Chambliss, the Senate intelligence Committee leaders who’re behind the new CISPA, are also staunch defenders of the NSA’s mass surveillance programs.

Which makes sense: CISPA would make it easier for the NSA to see your private data, and provide legal protection for corporations that violate your rights, their user agreements, and existing law to cooperate with the NSA.

We have to act now. CISPA's supporters are already soliciting help from defense industry lobbyists to get this thing passed. Click here to send a message to your Senator.

Again and again the anti-privacy goons in Congress have circled the wagons to try and pass CISPA. And again and again, we have completely shut them down.

We’ve done it before. We will do it again. Click here to fight back.

Please urge your friends to take action by forwarding this email or using these links:
[fb]    If you're already on Facebook, click here to share with your friends.
[fb]    If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the campaign: Tweet

Thanks,

Demand Progress Team
Paid for by Demand Progress (DemandProgress.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

--- End quote ---

Renegade:
Diane Feinstein. Gee. Go figure. She's a very dangerous psychopath, and certainly one of the top most dangerous ones out there.

They just will not stop. I only see one reasonable solution to put this to rest.

IainB:
...I only see one reasonable solution to put this to rest.
-Renegade (October 16, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah. Pass the ruddy bill.

TaoPhoenix:
...I only see one reasonable solution to put this to rest.
-Renegade (October 16, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah. Pass the ruddy bill.
-IainB (October 17, 2013, 10:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Naw. Neither of these. Just before the basement level, an Aussie and a New Zealeander calling for the US to burn doesn't count. Because y'all don't have anything to lose. That's the same mistake the Republicans made this month - sometimes fiery fun rhetoric just doesn't make sane sense.

IainB:
^^ I don't really understand what you wrote there @TaoPhoenix, but you mention Republicans - which presumably is political - and US politics are a complete mystery to me.
By the way, what I said above about "Pass the ruddy bill" was rather tongue-in-cheek.    ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version