ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (60/79) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
This week, New Zealand Commerce Minister Craig Foss bowed to pressure from software ...

--- End quote ---
-IainB (May 12, 2013, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Am I the only one who thinks FOSS Software advocates need to meet with Craig Foss?
:D

TaoPhoenix:
Huh. But wait, there's more...
Blogger writes about predatory publishing, is threatened with $1B suit
-IainB (May 19, 2013, 04:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or take this from the Prenda Law saga:
"Hilarious New Team Prenda Argument: Judge Wright's Order Is Irrelevant Because of Gay Marriage"
http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/09/hilarious-new-team-prenda-argument-judge-wrights-order-is-irrelevant-because-of-gay-marriage/

Now I know I really missed out on the "funniest profession" I should have studied in school - Law. But why do all those boring cases when you can threaten to sue for (pinky) One Billion Dollars and assert Gay Marriage to throw out a judicial order!

IainB:
One of the first things that our law lecturer taught us was the maxim:
"The law is an ass."
- Mr. Bumble, in Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist

--- End quote ---

IainB:
This says a lot: Secret IP Treaties

IainB:
demandprogress.org have sent out an email from Aaron Swartz's father to their subscribers, asking for supporters to email a letter of thanks to senators Patrick Leahy, John Cornyn, and Al Franken, who apparently all pushed for answers when the US Justice Department appeared before the Judiciary Committee to discuss Aaron's case.
Supporters can send an email using a template at the demandprogress.org website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version