ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (21/79) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
It's prob been news before but I'll repeat it here.

Copyright is now taking on the First Sale doctrine, and it's now up at the Supreme Court level, which is scary because I'm starting to trust the Supreme Court less lately.

http://www.marketwatch.com/Story/story/print?guid=AEC86DBA-0DA1-11E2-AC22-002128049AD6

That's the Print Version, because Printers tend not to like ads. But companies are known for breaking their Print links.

Renegade:
I'm starting to trust the Supreme Court less lately.
-TaoPhoenix (October 06, 2012, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean you actually still have some faith in it?  :o ;)

TaoPhoenix:
I'm starting to trust the Supreme Court less lately.
-TaoPhoenix (October 06, 2012, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean you actually still have some faith in it?  :o ;)
-Renegade (October 06, 2012, 11:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh well when it's not a Bill of Rights issue, and more of a "mundane" point of law they do all right. And generally the rest of the Constitution is in good shape, sorta.

It's just getting eerie because we had to amend the C. the first time to get those rights, and now they're getting dismantled bit by bit.

The consequences of *everything* having a resale value of Zero are immensely bad.

IainB:
Superb speculative fiction short film about digital surveillance in the year 2023: PLURALITY

TaoPhoenix:
That's pretty good Iain. To make a message it helps sometimes to have good production quality.

I didn't expect the Time Travel angle at all.

P.s. Look at the list of credits, that's no 5-man college project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version