ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet freedoms restrained - SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/CETA/PrECISE-related updates

<< < (33/79) > >>

Renegade:
None of the ISPs are expected to give in without a fight.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps throwing everyone involved onto a battlefield with swords and shields would solve this once and for all. Mind you, I would expect CIAPC to be outnumbered a bit. :P

And @Renegade, yes, I do see that a lot of what David Icke says makes sense. This "ISP Piracy" nonsense is an example of what he was on about - Fascism. The rightsholders seem to want to have us all in a straightjacket where we get force-fed exactly what they want to feed us, when they want to, and we will have to pay them for the privilege every time.
-IainB (November 04, 2012, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Regarding David Icke - He rants like Hell about fascism, and a lot more. One of the reasons that I like him. :) He is utterly scathing in his tongue lashings of the media.

The rightsholders seem to want to have us all in a straightjacket where we get force-fed exactly what they want to feed us, when they want to, and we will have to pay them for the privilege every time.
-IainB (November 04, 2012, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Related there - Icke would say "we pay for our own enslavement". However, he's far from alone in making that characterization (in a few contexts).

IainB:
Another 'roach: The Internet Radio Fairness Act: Revamping the Online Radio Marketplace
I hadn't known this was in the works.
Royalties for online radio and other digital music services are a prominent topic for today’s recorded music industry, and the discussion has only grown with the recent introduction of the Internet Radio Fairness Act in the House and Senate. IRFA aims to revamp the parts of the Copyright Act that create licenses for online radio services to pay for transmitting sound recordings to their users. More specifically, IRFA would change the standard by which online radio royalty rates are set, alter the qualifications and appointment procedures for the Copyright Royalty Judges, and make several more changes to the process of setting online radio royalties.

--- End quote ---

What could possibly go wrong?

IainB:
Interesting: Federal judge blocks FBI’s attempts to hold back information on troubling surveillance program
"Troubling"? Sounds like a newspeak euphemism.

Renegade:
Interesting: Federal judge blocks FBI’s attempts to hold back information on troubling surveillance program
"Troubling"? Sounds like a newspeak euphemism.
-IainB (November 04, 2012, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Criminals love the cover of darkness. :(

IainB:
Looks pretty confusing in the UK too: Any Hint Of Evidence Based Copyright In The UK Seen As Nefarous Plot By Parliamentary Copyright Maximalists

No matter. I wouldn't be surprised if Internet freedoms all went down the plughole, same as in the US, only quicker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version