ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Microsoft Mathematics 4.0 - Mini-Review (scientific math + graphing calculator)

<< < (2/3) > >>

IainB:
Can't think where to post this, except in this (educational) thread.
It's a nifty animated GIF of Pi:
The number Pi is a mathematical constant. Originally defined as the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, it now has various equivalent definitions and appears in many formulas in all areas of mathematics and physics. It is approximately equal to 3.14159. It has been represented by the Greek letter for "p" since the mid-18th century, though it is also sometimes spelled out as "pi". It is also called Archimedes’ constant.[1] (Read more at the link.)
Copied from: Pi - Wikipedia - <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi>

--- End quote ---

x16wda:
It's a nifty animated GIF of Pi
-IainB (June 23, 2013, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

How cool!

40hz:
A quiety brilliant animation. :Thmbsup:

Thx for sharing it,

Shades:
(Unfortunately, I have so far been unable to get these add-ins to work. This may be because of conflicts with the 64-bit OS.)
-IainB (July 10, 2012, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you may need to use the add-in that matches your Word or One-Note installation, not necessarily the OS.  In other words, if you have 32-bit Office installed on a 64-bit OS (which is I think is the common configuration even on a 64-bit OS), you should install the 32-bit Add-in.
-mwb1100 (July 10, 2012, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Microsoft warns agains the use of 64-bit Office versions. They imply that unless you have an absolute reason to use a 64-bit Office version you should download the 32-bit one. This warning was not readily but quite accessible when I downloaded their trial Office 2010 version at the time.

I'll guess that this warning is still valid till this day.

Here's the screenshot I made that day:

IainB:
2018-04-10: Some maintenance of this review thread:

* Have updated the OP.
* Am in the process of tidying-up/re-assigning the images, as they seem to have been shuffled in the migration to the new CMS.    >:(  (the price of progress).
EDIT: Hey, the rearranging of the images was a trivial and easy exercise in this new CMS!   :Thmbsup:
(Was a world of pain under the old CMS...)
Thanks, @mouser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version