ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Newsletter for July 9, 2012 - 100 Days of Summer Slumber

<< < (3/4) > >>

Curt:
the spam thing is because of the wording of the extra sentence: "100 days of summer slumber" -may sound like an invitation to something else..., you know. My trusted contacts will also be spam-classified if they use ambiguous words of such kind. I read my emails online on my ISP ("Internet service provider") account, and I actually have two emails in my spam folder, send from my ISP and blocked by my ISP!!  
:'(

Tinman57:
I wish i could do something about google and yahoo sending the newsletter to spam, but as you might expect, big companies like that don't care about us or what we want.  It's their world and they make the rules.
-mouser (July 11, 2012, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
  Tis why I only use my POP3 service on my ISP.  Most all are completely configurable in how they treat your email, right down to a whitelist.....

wraith808:
I wish i could do something about google and yahoo sending the newsletter to spam, but as you might expect, big companies like that don't care about us or what we want.  It's their world and they make the rules.
-mouser (July 11, 2012, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
  Tis why I only use my POP3 service on my ISP.  Most all are completely configurable in how they treat your email, right down to a whitelist.....
-Tinman57 (July 12, 2012, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can whitelist things on most webmail providers also.  It's just knowing that you need to whitelist...

...and I know from experience that ISPs can ban addresses too and you never know that it was banned.

CleverCat:
Somehow the domain that the newsletter sends out from (donationcodernews.com) wasn't set to autorenew and briefly expired last week.  That means that some percentage of recipients of the newsletter never got it.  Sorry!  The domain is back now so all should be good going forward.
-mouser (July 11, 2012, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just saw it in my RSS Feed - didn't get email...

jgpaiva:
Just saw it in my RSS Feed - didn't get email...
-CleverCat (July 16, 2012, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've forwarded it to you, in case you want to archive it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version