ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Entering SMIRF 8x8 + 10x8 Chess Program

<< < (10/14) > >>

Smirf:
Those keys seem to solve the problem.-Carol Haynes
--- End quote ---

Again, thank you for your report and the efforts made!

Those general donationware keys you have inserted manually at last should have been already present after the installation, which obviously has not been successful. So I have to investigate, why several installation tests here have been successful and failed at your computer. Knowing that there has no prior SMIRF installation turns me into a different direction. Thus I hope to become able now to identify the problem here and to reproduce that failure locally.

Regards, Reinhard.

P.S.: Indeed there are TWO different version idents, because SMIRF consists of two seperated parts: GUI and Engine.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks Reinhard

Smirf:
Hello all, it would be interesting to know, whether there have been also some successful SMIRF installations. Please share your experiences. Thank you!

Reinhard.

mouser:
i had same experience as carol - it was asking for license key.

Smirf:
The good news is, that I have worked out the general reason of that strange behaviour, and, that SMIRF is running also under new MS Vista 64 Bit beta (as 32 Bit application). It seems as if SMIRF sometimes would need special rights to change its INI file by conventional methods. But I do not know, how to establish such rights during an installation. Any advice for that would be very welcomed!

Regards, Reinhard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version