ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Entering SMIRF 8x8 + 10x8 Chess Program

<< < (8/14) > >>

Defenestration:
Ah, OK. I thought it had been available for a few years. My mistake.

BTW, great program Rheinhard! :Thmbsup:

mouser:
we'll have to wait for smirf to tell us for sure, since it's clear that he's been working on smirf for years..  if it turns out that smirf has been available to the public for a long time and can't be entereed, it's still a wonderful program  :up:

Smirf:
Well, before this contest early versions of SMIRF indeed had been available for some few counted beta testers. Therefore SMIRF initially had been intended to be shareware and had not been free at all before this contest - according to that. Instead there had been some RESTRICTED test versions with EXPIRING time limited key sets. Today such an old copy of SMIRF merely would be showing its basic functionality by answering immediately, instead of calculating any amount of time, and by repeatedly showing a nagging window.

Whereas current SMIRF now is released as a donationware, thus it is including a NON EXPIRING PERMANENT key set. Therefore that will work EVER (if installed within a new folder using a current Windows 32 Bit OS).

But because of missing donations (I counted only three) it still is unsure, whether the SMIRF development later then would be continued as a donationware project or not. Actually SMIRF repeatedly has been updated as donationware, assiduously hoping for better acceptance. Seriously donating SMIRF fans also could ask for a different personal key set, which then enables them the use of an additionally replacing downloadable second highly tuned SMIRF engine DLL, which is a separate bonus and no donationware but also using the donationware GUI.

I hope to have sufficiently explained here SMIRF's distribution concept as a donationware. If that would be in conflict with the rules of the running contest, please let me know soon. That case SMIRF's entering then would be taken back immediately.

Best regards, Reinhard.

Smirf:
A renewed SMIRF engine has been released now. Download is possible from my web site as usual.

Regards, Reinhard.

Carol Haynes:
I have just downloaded the latest build of SMIRF and installed it for the first time. Every time I start the program or try to start a new game it goes to a page asking for license keys (all the fields are blank on the license key page).

You said above that new users should not see this page as license keys are included???

If I try to start a new program and click on "Continue to test" it ignores any options I chose when starting a new game and just seems to load the default game set up.

How do I get the program to work properly?

Looks very nice by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version