ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Entering SMIRF 8x8 + 10x8 Chess Program

<< < (4/14) > >>

Smirf:
Hi, are there already any SMIRF test users? Have there been any installation problems? If or if not: at which MS Windows OS?

Regards, Reinhard.

mouser:
works well here - very cool app.  it does a little blinking when the computer moves.. maybe that could be improved?

Smirf:
it does a little blinking when the computer moves..
--- End quote ---
Well, mouser, I noticed that too, but I have no idea how to synchronize paint with a vblanc phase or to avoid that flickering anyway else. Actually the picture is drawn buffered and then copied at any paint event.

Reinhard.

f0dder:
it does a little blinking when the computer moves..
--- End quote ---
Well, mouser, I noticed that too, but I have no idea how to synchronize paint with a vblanc phase or to avoid that flickering anyway else. Actually the picture is drawn buffered and then copied at any paint event.

Reinhard.
-Smirf (May 05, 2006, 01:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you trap the WM_ERASEBKGND message? If you do a full blit at WM_PAINT covering the entire client area, you shoudl make WM_ERASEBKGND do nothing, to avoid flickering.

Smirf:
Do you trap the WM_ERASEBKGND message?-f0dder
--- End quote ---
This sounds interesting. I never had trapped a Win message in Borland C++. Could you assist me with a link to an example for this?

Since the graphic is a TPaintBox only and not the whole client, it might be an idea to delay the real picture transfer to that erase event.

Reinhard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version