ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Create a file list from multiple folders

(1/4) > >>

Contro:
Create a file list from multiple folders

I would like a soft for propose the folders.
Then I can obtain a list with the files sorted :

by creation or modification date
by alphabetical order

Not include the system files
Include de subfolders contained in the proposed folders.

Best Regards
 :-*

rgdot:
This?

http://dirhtml.home.comcast.net/~dirhtml/

barney:
I'm not certain I understand all your requirements, but you might take a look at the late Karen Kenworthy's Directory Printer.  It's extremely flexible.  I use it frequently to create CSV files for folders/subfolders content.  It's a VB6 program, so if you're using windows, you prolly have all the necessaries already installed.

Renegade:
Far less sophisticated, but a quick and easy hack for a recursive text dump of a directory and files:

http://renegademinds.com/TipsTricks/Dumpfileanddirectoryliststotextfiles/tabid/56/Default.aspx

Dump file and directory lists to text files

Need a complete list of files and directories from Windows? Don't feel like typing them manually? Here's the answer...

The following is a batch file that runs under command.exe or cmd.exe, depending upon whether you are using Windows 9x/Me or Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. Copy the file contents then save it in your SendTo directory as getDirListing.bat. In Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 the SendTo directory is in <DRIVE>:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR WINDOWS LOGIN>\SendTo.

--- Code: Text ---@echo Directory and sub-directory file listing dump by RenegadeMinds.com.@echo Visit http://Renegademinds.com for more Windows tips and tricks @echo and free software applications.@echo ==================================================================@echo ==================================================================@echo Save this file as getDirList.bat in your SendTo directory.@echo SendTo is under Documents and Settings in each user's directory.@echo Right-click on any directory in Windows Explorer and choose@echo Send To - getDirList.bat@echo ==================================================================@echo ==================================================================@echo Dumping directory listing to c:\dirListing.txt@echo        (This may take some time for large directory trees.)@REM the /A switch lists all hidden and system files as well.@REM the /S switch lists all subdirectories and their contents.@dir %1 /A /S > c:\dirListing.txt@echo Opening c:\dirListing.txt in Notepad (Close notepad to delete file)@notepad c:\dirListing.txt@echo Deleting c:\dirListing.txt@del c:\dirListing.txt@pause
Right-click on any directory and choose SendTo > getDirListing.bat.

Cheers,

Renegade

--- End quote ---

It goes in the "Send to" menu in your context menu.

But like I said, far less sophisticated. The only real benefit is that it is fast, easy, and you don't need to bother opening any software for it.

Contro:
Running to try

Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version