ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 8 prices seem to have been announced during period to 31st January

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
Has anyone looked at the lovely shiny new Windows 8 N-editions?

Fantastic offer - only 3+ times the normal price. I am sure they will be snapped up very quickly - grab yours while you can!
-Carol Haynes (October 17, 2012, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

this ms page claims they should be the same price - but maybe they just dont make any offers with 'N'.

Do you know does this mean that we in the EU can *only* get 'N', or is it simply another option?

Renegade:
Has anyone looked at the lovely shiny new Windows 8 N-editions?

Fantastic offer - only 3+ times the normal price. I am sure they will be snapped up very quickly - grab yours while you can!
-Carol Haynes (October 17, 2012, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

this ms page claims they should be the same price - but maybe they just dont make any offers with 'N'.

Do you know does this mean that we in the EU can *only* get 'N', or is it simply another option?
-tomos (October 18, 2012, 04:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

IIRC - The N versions are just crippled versions that you can fix through downloading some MS software (WMP) that the EU in its infinite wisdom deemed illegal.

I'd recommend using a VPN with an IP in the place where you want to purchase. Once you pop out there, you're pretty much good to go, as long as you can get through the torture of the payment process.

Carol Haynes:
Amazon are selling standard and N versions in the UK - been the case since Vista and the EU court case. The case didn't stop standard versions being sold but N versions had to be available too. Last time I looked on Amazon Win 8 Pro upgrade was £49.99 but Windows 8 Pro N version was £158.99

Perhaps time for another court case as the N version should be the same price or cheaper (since it lacks a number of features like WMP and Internet Explorer).

ewemoa:
I went non-pro System Builder 64-bit with additional 30 USD off (valid through 2012-10-25?) of 99.99 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-System-Builder-DVD-64-Bit/dp/B0094NY3R0/

Windows 8 prices seem to have been announced during period to 31st January

Carol Haynes:
I went non-pro System Builder 64-bit with additional 30 USD off (valid through 2012-10-25?) of 99.99 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-System-Builder-DVD-64-Bit/dp/B0094NY3R0/
 (see attachment in previous post)
-ewemoa (October 25, 2012, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why? Why pay $60 more than you need to?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version