ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to ONLY search bookmarked/favorited pages?

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
Sounds like a possible job for mouser's Web Link Captor
-Ath (July 02, 2012, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think you may be right.  mouser, any chance of this making its way into the program?  I'll place a request in its forum.
I'm testing it out right now, I wasn't even aware of this one.
-superboyac (July 03, 2012, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow... you know, I don't think I ever understood that program before.  But this discussion has placed it in a whole new light for me.

superboyac:
Sounds like a possible job for mouser's Web Link Captor
-Ath (July 02, 2012, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think you may be right.  mouser, any chance of this making its way into the program?  I'll place a request in its forum.
I'm testing it out right now, I wasn't even aware of this one.
-superboyac (July 03, 2012, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow... you know, I don't think I ever understood that program before.  But this discussion has placed it in a whole new light for me.
-wraith808 (July 03, 2012, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
same here.  it could be an extremely useful tool.

You know how google has become cluttered with nonsense, and finding what you really want is like finding a needle in a haystack?  A tool like this could really take away that nuisance by limiting searches to just the sites you want.  But I think its real use is going to be as a hardcore research tool for me.

superboyac:
dtsearch analysis:
So dtsearch *can* technically do this, but it's not practical.  it needs to index the site on your hard drive before searching it, which takes a very long time even for simple sites, let alone something like amazon.  So it's probably not going to work very well.  Plus, you have to configure each domain (or bookmark) separately which is also a lot of work.

looks like web link captor comes the closest so far.  It would be great to load in a list (csv?) of domains/sites/bookmarks and search through those.  Also would be good to get more than 10 results (or maybe I don't know where that setting is).  One thing that would be awesome is this workflow:
--i have a ton of bookmarks in linkman
--export the linkman list and bring it into web link captor
--click the option to search the specified pages only, or any page with that domain
--specify how many results to return (or threshold?)
--bam!  customized searching!

[edit]
by the way, dtsearch is VERY cool.  It might replace archivarius for me.  definitely better than google desktop search or windows search.  I wonder if it's better than x1?

PhilB66:
Pretty Run

http://delphistep.cis.si/prettyrun.htm

- Search Internet Explorer favorites
- Search Firefox bookmarks
- Search Chrome bookmarks
--- End quote ---

cmpm:
Here is a web service that says it can do it.
The free account will only do 300 sites, useless, I know.
I have over a thousand myself.
It's $3 a month or $20 a year.

Here is what you are looking for I think.

http://historio.us/

full-text search

Search your historified sites using a simple search box. Don't wade through lists of obscure titles, enter a few keywords you remember from the content of the page and you're off!
--- End quote ---

"historified" is the sites in your account

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version