ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A windows mess in the task bar

(1/4) > >>

Contro:
A windows mess in the task bar

I have configured the "triple height" in my task bar under windows xp pro sp3 because usually I have to use multiples folders.
I use splendid scripts from DC that require that the Complete path be showed in the title window (Folder Options)
Obviosly I don't want to change from Windows Explorer to another soft because of the level of personalization I have.

I only would like to see better the titles of my windows in the task bar. Or apply some addon to change the color of some of them and to be stable.

What soft for Windows xp pro sp3 can do this ?

Best Regards

Contro:
1. One possibility is vary the width of the folder minimized to the task bar according to his text until a limit of characters.

Edited : this seems to be the best solution for me.
Vary the width of buttons in the taskbar. In the future I can put four heights in the taskbar.
 :P

Contro:
2. Put a copy or list of the folders in vertical more wide and selectable
 :-*

I have emerging folders menu from the task bar, but are not fast. I would prefer a vertical task bar dynamical with the list of open windows in the horizontal task bar.

Curt:
Edited: What happened to the beginning of my post???!!
I must try once more:
-------------------

First a question: Are all the PROYECT folders the same PROYECT folders every time?

If they are the same again and again, you will benefit greatly from using Quizo QTTabbar. Firstly, it gives tabs to your normal Explorer, so you only will need a single Explorer window. Secondly, QTTabbar can automatically rename ambiguous tabs for you (not rename the folders, of course, but the tabs). And thirdly, you can add these folders as favorites, so they always open in the same order, making it even more easy to remember which is which. Fourthly, you can add Groups, so you don't need to open all the various Favorite folders, when you don't need them.

If they are not the same folders again and again, QTTabbar will still be good, just less awesome.

-------

And now you have posted some more, before I posted this. Well, I am not going to change my post anyway. In my opinion, QTTabbar is a better solution. I have been using it since Win 2000.

edit2: oh, yeah, a link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qttabbar/  :-[

Contro:
I use QTTabBar in the past.

I don't want tabs Curt.

I am looking for and many soft have many options.

I only need an auxiliary vertical taskbar identical to the horizontal task bar , but more wider to put more characters. I only need that.

It must existssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version