ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: App to Stop "All" Network Traffic Until My VPN Connects

<< < (2/4) > >>

coll4pqv:
I am not sure and am unable to check this as at present have no active VPN, but can you not just disable your existing connection  in Network and sharing center and create the VPN connection ? (win 7)
-magician62 (June 28, 2012, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, if I'm understanding you correctly, this suggestion would be problematic if only because then I would have no connection from the applications/OS to the outside world as I've disabled all adapters except for the VPN connection.  Actually, Witopia, and presumably other VPN providers, install their own TAP-32 interface.  So the PCs adapters (whichever one I'm using; wireless or wired) would need to be enabled to connect to the TAP which then would connect to the network.  It simply appears that the TAP-32 ( a Virtual Adapter, doesn't replace a PCs NICs but is nonetheless required to connect to the VPN.

coll4pqv:
Here's what I'm thinking so far.

I use the Comodo firewall.  It has a lot of configuration options.  One of them is to allow connections from such-and-such "Source Address" to such-and-such "Destination Address."  These addresses can be MAC addresses.  So I'm wondering if I can tell each application that requires network access to connect using ONLY the MAC address of the TAP.  The problem I see at this point is that the TAP installed on my system does not have a MAC address, which tells me that one is not required.  So I wonder: could I just make up a MAC address for the TAP, just as long as it doesn't match one already on my network?

Thoughts?

PhilB66:
Maybe this thread could be of help?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25468.0

coll4pqv:
Maybe this thread could be of help?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25468.0
-PhilB66 (June 28, 2012, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sadly, no.   :(

But I appreciate the effort.   :Thmbsup:

4wd:
This is what a firewall was made for:

1) Block everything outgoing unless the source IP is a VPN IP, (eg. 10.5.4.3 or 10.5.4.*)
2) Except for the VPN software and one browser, ie. source IP = *.*.*.*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version