ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DOTCOM saga - updates

<< < (22/39) > >>

Renegade:
Me.ga is redirecting to kim.com/mega, but the page is blank.

Not so sure that the "direct delete" will work out well. I might want to upload a bunch of video that I have the right to upload, then label it with all kinds of names of copyrighted material and see what happens... :P

IainB:
Some developments...
Unsealed Megaupload Seizure Warrants Reveal Use Of Flawed Logic... And An 'Undercover Computer'

Renegade:
Flawed logic? From self-righteous psychopathic jackbooted thugs? Nah. Couldn't be.  :-\

They sum it up nicely as "that makes no sense".

40hz:
Once again we have a demonstration of how a poorly written law; political pressure from commercial interests; and a technologically naive but overzealous police agency created an embarrassing situation for a government. A government which now is now continuing to spawn legal chicanery and nonsense as it tries to talk/spin/lie its way out of the embarrassment it has created for itself.

One unwritten rule of power politics is that it's not important whether or not you're right - so long as you're never proven to be conclusively wrong.

And here's the problem for Kim Dotcom: how will the US government find a way to walk away without looking like a total ass. Because at this point - it can't. And as long as it might look like the governments of NZ and the US were completely out of line with this incident, it's never going to stop.

Prediction: Kim Dotcom is going to be offered a "deal" where he'll be required to plead guilty or "no contest" to some very minor charge(s), pay a fine, be required to make some half-assed public apology to the music/movie industry, and promise to never ever do it again - despite the fact he didn't do anything provably illegal under the law as it's currently written.

In return he'll be required to waive his right to seek any future legal recourse for the incident. And probably consent not to discuss or reveal any of the details about the deal he was offered.

Be interesting to see if he ends up taking it.

Renegade:
Be interesting to see if he ends up taking it.
-40hz (November 17, 2012, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Definitely. Though given some of what he's said in the past, I'm betting he wouldn't. Could just be wishful thinking on my part though. I have more things that I can pull out of my butt. Wanna see? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version