ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Best Vodka IMHO

<< < (3/3)

Rover:
As a follow-up to my OP, due to (good) circumstances in my life, I will be de-classifying myself as an alcoholic.  8)

I've decided that I have relied on that particular crutch long enough and it's time to move on.  For the near term I will be 100% dry/sober. In the future I may drink a beer or 3, but I will not allow myself to become "rely" on it again.  I know why I did, I've made changes in my perspective and putting those into action.

For my fellow DC'ers who are not ready to make that change, I understand.  Please be careful and keep an eye on things.  I hear liver failure is a hell of a way to die.  :o

Wishing us all well ;)

TaoPhoenix:
I'm prob a few months behind you.

I took a break from being a teetotaler for a bunch of years, but pretty soon I should slow down too.

Renegade:
Vodka. Blergh. Some taste like nothing, some taste like the coat of your tongue after a long night. Vodka is for those who want to adulterate their good alcohol. I hate those people. They even drown good Czech beer in cheap coke.
-Tuxman (July 02, 2012, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Spoken like a true non-alcoholic. ;) :P My condolences. ;D

As a follow-up to my OP, due to (good) circumstances in my life, I will be de-classifying myself as an alcoholic.  8)

I've decided that I have relied on that particular crutch long enough and it's time to move on.  For the near term I will be 100% dry/sober. In the future I may drink a beer or 3, but I will not allow myself to become "rely" on it again.  I know why I did, I've made changes in my perspective and putting those into action.

For my fellow DC'ers who are not ready to make that change, I understand.  Please be careful and keep an eye on things.  I hear liver failure is a hell of a way to die.  :o

Wishing us all well ;)
-Rover (October 06, 2012, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been sober for almost 2 weeks now. I hate it. Well, I take a day off from the torture of sobriety on the weekend... Still doesn't make up for the horrors of being exposed to reality for those extra hours all week.

Mind you, I'm still pissing like a racehorse at night as I just drink water, and tonnes of it. Freaky thing is I lose track of how much water I'm drinking much quicker. Go for a sip and I'm empty again! Much easier to keep track of booze in the glass. Or maybe I just have that much more practice there. :P

But, water isn't all that bad. Heck, fish feel comfortable having sex in it. Can't be all that bad, eh? ;D

I'm prob a few months behind you.

I took a break from being a teetotaler for a bunch of years, but pretty soon I should slow down too.
-TaoPhoenix (October 06, 2012, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have no intention of blindly stumbling into the darkness of pure sobriety! That's just suicidal~! :P Need some kind of medication to dull  reality so that it's tolerable. Then wake up with a freshly rejuvenated spirit, knowing that there is a God, and he loves us, as is proved by the existence of alcohol, marijuana, magic mushrooms, and a few other good things in life. ;D

Renegade:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/foodiggity/vodkaflavored-vodka-for-m_b_2087948.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Best Vodka IMHO

Best Vodka IMHO

Best Vodka IMHO

Best Vodka IMHO

:P

Tinman57:
  I don't think I could be an alcoholic if I tried.  Something about my body that just won't let me drink that much.  I'm a cheap drunk, I can drink two beers and get one hell of a buzz.   :o  After two or three beers, I'm ready to take a long nap.  Strange, because my dad was a serious alcoholic, which is how he died.  Apparently I didn't inherit the alcoholic gene, which is a good thing.
  Back when I was a teen I could drink more than I can now, and even then I could only drink heavily once every month or so.  After the hangover I couldn't stomach alcohol for over a month.

Soooooo, how do I get my jollies?  SpoilerI AIN't TELLING!!!   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version