ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Batch adjust shortcut targets

<< < (7/15) > >>

4wd:
[General]
Folder=e:\1\QQQ\shortcuts 1_x_178\50502
PathSearch=(.+)\\50501(.*)
PathReplace=\1\\50502\2
NameSearch=_50501(.+)
NameReplace=_50502\1

(.+)\\50501(.*) - Group, (1), everything up to \50501 and group, (2), everything after, (even if there's nothing).
\1\\50502\2 - Replace with group 1 followed by \50502 followed by group 2.

_50501(.+) - Group, (1), everything after _50501.
_50502\1 - Replace with _50502 followed by group 1.

Spent an hour wondering why it wouldn't work until I realised that putting \150502 meant insert everything from group 150502...which doesn't exist.  Hence the need to include \\ to search/replace the \ before 50501.

nkormanik:

4wd's Batch Shortcut Modifier, BSM, just finished adjusting nearly 700,000 shortcuts in a large directory tree -- all without hitch.

Thanks so much, 4wd, for some really helpful software!

Here are some possible enhancement for BSM, but by no means necessary.  BSM is great as is presently, in my opinion:

-- Progress indicator while Testing -- I wasn't sure anything was happening, so stopped BSM via Task Manager.

-- Remember preferred size/layout of Test window (BSM.ini file entry?)

-- Remember state of check boxes, such as Recurse on (BSM.ini file entry?)

-- Change Go ---> Stop, once process is underway.

-- Change notice when hovering over Go to "Starts Shortcut Modification"

4wd:
4wd's Batch Shortcut Modifier, BSM, just finished adjusting nearly 700,000 shortcuts in a large directory tree -- all without hitch.

Thanks so much, 4wd, for some really helpful software!-nkormanik (July 20, 2012, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good to know at least one of my programs works :)

- Progress indicator while Testing -- I wasn't sure anything was happening, so stopped BSM via Task Manager.
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, when it's sitting there looking like it's not doing anything, it's actually recursing through the folders looking for shortcuts, _all_ shortcuts, not just the first 20 for the test output.

Because the collecting of shortcuts is performed by an external function written by somoeone else, I'd need to rewrite parts of it to enable some form of indicator/interrupt, something I don't normally like doing because the functions were written by people with far more knowledge in AutoIt than me.

The time between the completion of shortcut collection and displaying the test output is less than a second - that bit is outside the above function and that's when the progressbar kicks in, 0->20 in less than a second.  I could change the Go->Stop->Go in that period but the change is almost instant - you don't have time to press Stop.

-- Remember preferred size/layout of Test window (BSM.ini file entry?)
--- End quote ---

That I can do, requires using another external function but seems easy enough.

-- Remember state of check boxes, such as Recurse on (BSM.ini file entry?)

-- Change Go ---> Stop, once process is underway.

-- Change notice when hovering over Go to "Starts Shortcut Modification"
--- End quote ---

They're easy.

As I suggested in the TCBOO thread, could you use skwire's ZeroZipper to zip up the tree with all the shortcuts and the tree with all the images, then just attach the archives in a PM - they should only be a few MB in size, then I'll have something to test against.

nkormanik:

I'm using Folder Monitor (FolMon) all the time now.  Another example of your excellent work.

Thinking more about BSM, best to simply leave well enough alone.  Works terrifically.  Maybe someone else will have a substantive enhancement request at some point.  Who knows.

The images file folder = 50 gb
One tree of shortcuts = 1.45 gb
Another tree of shortcuts = 1.47 gb

I'll try using Skwire's ZeroZipper, and see how that goes.

If not, no worries.  Things are now all set up the way I had hoped.

Thanks again for your generous assistance!

4wd:
Thinking more about BSM, best to simply leave well enough alone.-nkormanik (July 22, 2012, 01:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

:huh: Does that mean you don't want the radically faster version?

Still can't interrupt the fetching of shortcuts but time to fetch is >60% less than previous version, (just changed to using DOS dir command).

Now saves test output window size/position and resizes columns to fit contents, saves state of checkboxes, added a statusbar so at least it looks like it's doing something.

Haven't done the Go->Stop during processing yet - next day or so should see it finished.

Still like a copy of your image/shortcut tree so I can see if I can find where TCBOO is going belly up - the limit on string length is 2,147,483,647 characters, (which is a lot), so it would be interesting to see what's actually failing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version