ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Music Service

tech crunch article comparing music services

<< < (7/18) > >>

Hirudin:
RE-Downloading is one very nice thing about emusic! They used to have 128kbps tracks, reciently they upgraded their collection to Alt-Preset-Standard using LAME. I was able to re-download every track that I downloaded before, but with higher quality. I think it added up to about 5gb of music when I was done.

nudone:
well, i've not had any response from the emails i sent regarding whether the labels/artists embrace what 'allofmp3' are doing, so i guess that means they don't object or just don't care either way. great.

or, even if they genuinely do care, i certainly don't now - i'll probably use 'allofmp3' next time i want something.

Carol Haynes:
well, i've not had any response from the emails i sent regarding whether the labels/artists embrace what 'allofmp3' are doing, so i guess that means they don't object or just don't care either way. great.

or, even if they genuinely do care, i certainly don't now - i'll probably use 'allofmp3' next time i want something.
-nudone (April 18, 2006, 01:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Once you have an account set up make sure you download the AllOfMP3 explorer software. It works great and is so much more convenient than downloading from the webpages as it can automatically create the correct folder structures (where you want and fully customizable) plus it adds the correct track numbers to files as they are downloaded and provides an easy resumable download system - even checking for when your files are ready.

nudone:
thanks for the tip, Carol.

allen:
RE-Downloading is one very nice thing about emusic!
-Hirudin (April 18, 2006, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Definitely -- it came in real handy after reformatting my hard drive.  Didn't even bother backing up my emusic :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version